TDA1543 from dddac.de/ma_dac21.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Fan supply solution

Happy Ears said:
Hi Mr. Picolo

Don't worry , the solution is on hand ...... simply use a separate power supply to avoid power supply influence ...... and as far as my knowledge reach , there are brushless fans available too .

For those who might be worried about noise effects : the 12 volt fan in my Marantz player works at 5 volt !! the cover of the player disable all audible noise .
To avoid possible resonance on the PCB I glued the fan with siliconkit .

The main reason I decided to use a cooling fan is the much better thermal stability of the 1543 stack . don't forget that thermal drifts automaticly means that bias and ref voltage of the dac chips change too . not recommendable IMO .

Happy Ears .

Please call me Bricolo, like eveyone else here do ;)

I know about brushless fans, silent ones...
I used to work a lot with fans, when I tweaked my computer in order to run it cool and the most silent possible (now it's ok, my screen makes more noise that my computer :cool:)

But there are many alternatives for fans, and some of them can give you additional advantages here.

I won't lie, the fan is the most efficient solution here, sure.
But in this case, I would test convection first.

My solution woulr require not to stack the ICs, that can be seen as a disadvantage (But I don't even want to imagine how the signal going to the 8th IC looks like, after 5cm on which the signal lines run parallel, 8 solder points...)

Place all the chips you want on a nice pcb, decouple them individually. Then, place on each a tiny heatsink, a small one that has the same dimentions as the chip will be enough.
Don't forget to connect the heatsinks to ground.

And voila! You have your multi-1543 DAC, without fan, capable of 9V without problems (at least without heat problems), and with a good shield. :)

That's what I would do.

Re: Re: Fan supply solution

Bricolo said:

Please call me Bricolo, like eveyone else here do ;)

Apologizes for that mistake Mr Bricolo , I honestly didn't misused your name by purpose !
It must be the latest bottle of Heineken that caused the error ;-)

I strongly believe that the stacking methode is a much better solution that soldering 8 pcs. on a flat PCB surface ... Imagine all the needless signal travelling across the chips ... ( antenna effect ) , many cross influences .. no certainly not my choice .
I now benefit from air as isolator , very thin soldering points ( witch are extremely close to each other ) .
All components on my PCB are mounted within "one square inch" !

Happy Ears

:angel:

Guys , don't let yourself slip into a mudpool ... stacking chips have no Audible dissadvantage at all . believe me in this case !
As long as no one is trying to obtain "proven" audible difference between both solutions ..... this seems to become a never ending story .

I will certainly will not be the one who is gonna try out . I'm not a wishfull thinker but convinced about my stacked tower .

Happy Ears :nod:

Old thread by the looks , BUT - I am about to attempt to modify a marantz CD63MKii .. with the DDDAC1543 MKii ... from Doeud . - I have seen a pic where to take DATA, FS , BCK connections from ... and I have a Linear supply that is adjustable with good filtering / stability . 5 - 11 vdc . What i am wanting to ask is , I gather VB+ is the DC supply connection respect to the GND , BUT , surely the data requires a ground connection , so where do I make a common ground back to the Marantz ... do i just locate the ground for the 5vdc ? and link this to the Linear Supply 0vdc for the DDAAC ? ..or is there a digital ground somewhere ? Im ready to heatup the soldering iron !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.