• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TDA1541A - Transformer for dvb-projekt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Folks:

I am currently investigating a custom made transformer for Oliver's TDA1541A project (dvb-projekt) and wonder if the interest is good enough to warrant going ahead with this.
Here are the specifications, price and delivery:

Manufactured by Hammond
Primary 0-120V+0-120V (so it can also be wired for 220/240 European)
Secondary taps:
200-175-150-125-0-125-150-175-200 @ 160mA
0-11V @ 3A (3x +5 shunt, including 3.3V for Tentlabs mod)
0-11V @ 1A (-5 shunt)
0-19V @ 1A (-15V shunt
0-8V @ 2.5A (6.3V filament)

There should be adequate current to also go with a choke loaded supply if desired.
It will take about 5 weeks to get them made.

This can be an OPEN frame, or closed with end bells. It will have a static shield drain wire. The price will be around $95, and $5 from each will be donated to DIY Audio. Shipping cost from Edmonton, Alberta to most worldwide destinations by EMS post should be not more than $40, could be less, but I will confirm this.

I would need at least 8 interested to go ahead. Please post and let me know, thank you! Also indicate whether closed or open frame is preferable so I can get the right quote!

Gary

I guess you found your solution, out of interest what's your take for the analog part ? R core C core or toroid ? Usually I go for Amplimo and for this project a have a couple of Talemas (encapsulated) for digital part but I'm wondering if it's worth going for other brand or type.

I guess you found your solution, out of interest what's your take for the analog part ? R core C core or toroid ? Usually I go for Amplimo and for this project a have a couple of Talemas (encapsulated) for digital part but I'm wondering if it's worth going for other brand or type.

I'm going strictly C core, but also should indicate I am using a separate chassis for all of the power supply, including the soft-start for the tube stage. I would have otherwise used something less radiating like R-core if in the same chassis.
The power coming into the DAC chassis is DC, ready for the shunt regulators, filament and HV supplies.
:yes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.