• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TDA1541A non-o/s DAC PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i'm interested in a board, but a few newbie questions first, as i dont know much about these.

Can it take a signal directly from a PC soundcard, for example an creativelabs audigy 2? which has a digital output..

are these boards 2 channel, or single?
is it possible to put a TOSLINK input, instead of the wired method
what is the cost of the board going to be, are the components required easy to come by, possibly by sample order?
what about other parts that are needed, such as traffos, filter caps and regulator boards.. will these be expensive also?

bzo said:
Pedja, would it be possible to also put in SOIC pads in addition to the DIP pads for the CS8412? That would allow easy use of the CS8414. It seems like the availability of the CS8412 is starting to get a little low.
Bzo, I tried some options and there seems to be the way to go, however the DATA line must be longer in that case. This might not be ultimately critical but makes me feel a bit frustrated. It is probably even more pity to use SO part such way.

So, I am leaning to give up of this. Reichelt (again) still sells CS8412 and, I do not know if it is still valid offer, but forum member Elib has been selling it even for somewhat lower price.

Tensop said:
Can it take a signal directly from a PC soundcard, for example an creativelabs audigy 2? which has a digital output.
I do not know what the Audigy puts out, the CS8412 should be able to decode the data up to 55kHz.

are these boards 2 channel, or single?
This is the stereo DAC. ;)

is it possible to put a TOSLINK input, instead of the wired method
I guess no problem to put it but there will be no optical receiver on board.

what is the cost of the board going to be, are the components required easy to come by, possibly by sample order?
No new info about the price, until I possibly notify about the change, consider it is 25EUR, shipping not included. The CS8412 and TDA1541A are discontinued parts and I do not believe anyone sends the samples of such parts. Last time I was checking, the AD844 was not on the Analog’s list of the available samples.

what about other parts that are needed, such as traffos, filter caps and regulator boards.. will these be expensive also?

As soon as I finish the designing of the board I will upload most relevant info about the project on my own site. There will be online parts list and schematic of the final project.

I will try to make the fuss free project as much as I can and I will try to be helpful but do not expect the official support for building from me. It will not require any special skills but it is not recommended as a beginner project.

Pedja

Pedja said:

Bzo, I tried some options and there seems to be the way to go, however the DATA line must be longer in that case. This might not be ultimately critical but makes me feel a bit frustrated. It is probably even more pity to use SO part such way.

So, I am leaning to give up of this. Reichelt (again) still sells CS8412 and, I do not know if it is still valid offer, but forum member Elib has been selling it even for somewhat lower price.

Pedja, thanks for trying. One can always use a SOIC->DIP converter if necessary. It looks like there are still a few sources to get the CS8412, thanks to all who mentioned them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.