• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TARA Labs RSC conductor give-away ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi all,

& good morning ... This is a somewhat unexpected response but thanks for your interest :) ... I don't have as many meters as you ask for so I have chosen to send a PM to those who have requested short(er) lengths - so that more can have some - and also those who responded first.

In case there's some left I'll contact those who responded later.

Enjoy your day around the world ;-)

Jesper

no problem Jesper, I didnt expect i'd be in time. even 1M pair is enough for me as i'll probably end up using it internally to connect my 4 channel amp to its speaker posts. i'm running digital crossovers so the amount I would need for external cables would be unreasonable to ask for....

Joined 2007
Paid Member
i'll probably end up using it internally to connect my 4 channel amp to its speaker posts.

Hmmm... as it is right now there probably won't be anything left but I'll let you know if there is ... but your comment makes me want to make sure that everyone knows what type of conductor I have:

In most all the Tara Labs interconnect & loudspeaker cables they use a conductor with a 0.3*0.7 mm size which is covered in their (proprietary?) insulation. This is the conductor I have & give away and for loudspeaker purposes I would say that at least 10-20 need be parallelled to give "substance" to the sound. Thus, it's probably most useful for internal preamp levels and interconnect use.

Best regards,

Jesper

thanks, I realize its a multistrand cable and you are talking about the internal makeup of it. I dont have far to go internally in the chassis and my bass is already covered with 14awg neotech solid core UPOCC. I would just parallel 2 strands each for midbass and tweets. 3 x ~21AWG is rated for ~21A, i'm pretty sure i'm covered... :D

i'm running digital crossover; without the crossover to mess with damping factor and efficiency, driving mid-bass and tweets does not need crazy amounts of power and would just add capacitance to parallel more than necessary anyway. so i'm good thanks, if you can spare it, no worries either way.

cheers

Jeremy

Hmmm... as it is right now there probably won't be anything left but I'll let you know if there is ... but your comment makes me want to make sure that everyone knows what type of conductor I have:

In most all the Tara Labs interconnect & loudspeaker cables they use a conductor with a 0.3*0.7 mm size which is covered in their (proprietary?) insulation. This is the conductor I have & give away and for loudspeaker purposes I would say that at least 10-20 need be parallelled to give "substance" to the sound. Thus, it's probably most useful for internal preamp levels and interconnect use.

Best regards,

Jesper

FYI, I believe that the smallest configuration Tara Labs uses this in speaker wires is 7 runs per connector. I have wired many projects with this wire, as to me, it is the finest available. I use is only for signal wire though. To do speaker connections properly with it is very labor intensive.

And, I am bummed I just found this. Oh well...

if that is an FYI at all related to our conversation thread in here, I suggest you read my post properly as to my application.

Taralabs can do as they please, they make very nice copper wire, but they dont make the laws of physics. you have to make babies arm thick cables at their prices, for my application it would do more harm than good

I think I was too late as well anyway, I can only hope, however i'm pretty well covered already

Last edited:
fair enough, no problem, its just that Jester already shared how it was used by Taralabs in response to my first post (to make sure everyone knew what they were asking for), so when it was shared again after my clarification....

and its on their website, I checked before posting initially that it was the one I thought.

thanks anyway though

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi all,

So it seems that the cable has been distributed to those first contacting me (and whose mailboxes aren't full) ... I hope you will find it is useful to you.

And then just a bit of history on how I got the cable (if you're interested): Some years ago I was one of those introducing Tara Labs cables here in Denmark & probably as a thanks from Matthew & Merrill of Tara Labs they gave/sold me very reasonably some meters of the RSC conductors. To me this was a fine opportunity - yet since I won't be using it all it is now passed on.

Best regards,

Jesper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.