Tang Band driver opinions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Audio Amature Mag , up coming arical is a big one for IB or open back baffles.
Mr Koonce, Wright have finished the artical and hope to see it in print for or around xmas.
And they explain this very very well.
in the design they do using the W3-871S and the 879 from PE.
With a little work the responce from the W3-879 is very close to be a replacement for the 871S for those not wanting to order from Nuera.

The reading is to match the write up they did a few months ago designing the IB using the 12" DVC from PE.

So as anyone with a Jig saw and some wood could build a APARTMENT system in a few hrs with out getting into sealing cabinets.

Will be a wait and see.

Al

Re: W4-657S and the 25-302S

RAW said:

I have built a few of the W4-657S in a MT, MTM using the 25-302S as I was involved with Nuera but am not anylonger.
I am in the middle of building my own HT using the W4-657S and the W3-871S as the mid.
tweeter I went with a TC from Vifa as my designer.Rick Craig is mad about the TC tweeters for the money.
Even though I have a dozen of the 25-302S and the 28-847S on hand also.
The 25-302S is bang on a few points with the TM025F-9.
Same in almost evey point of a scale along with a drop in replacment and no crossover point will show.

Anyway good luck in your project.

Al

What type of box did you use to your MTM with 25-302S and W4-657S?
My thought right now is to build a 10 litres vented box with a tuning freq at
75Hz. JoeBob suggested just a plain TM with these drivers to retain 8ohm impedance.
But you build both TM and MTM what do you suggest? TM or MTM, volume, closed or vented?

Finshed my w-4 based fronts...

W4-656s and 28-847S
Series XO @6500Hz
Ported ...tuned to 76Hz

Attachments

• w4-front1.jpg
    w4-front1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 461
The boxes are 7.5"x11" and 5.25" deep for 3.3L. They are lightly stuffed with polyfill and have dual 'L" shaped ports exiting from the back.

RAW, My pal heard these and wants to get into diyaudio,. I talked him into some Elf1.5's. He'll probably get them from your site. CSS no longer offers the flat pack and he wants the holes cnc cut.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.