taking a W3-871S to 80 hertz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I constructed this morning the previously mentioned TL design, slightly smaller and with a rearrangement of the open end (for placement on a shelf), listened it and have to say that it is wonderful. TL is very highly suggested for this tangband.
I didn’t use any stuffing at all neither any crossover trap and did a quick measure (not gated) as it was on the bench (not in a bookshelf) about 50cm from the back wall.
Though its F3 is somewhat high it has usable low frequency response and beyond as is the case for TL designs, and sounds full bodied enough and really well-balanced.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Does anyone know BL horn or TL designs for W3-871S? I have pair and want to do new enclosures for desktop. Yes, I know desktop speakers must be small, can I achieve any better bass than closed/ported design?

Here is one finnish speaker made of W3 as TL. Halfspace
Many who have heard it have said that it sounds good.

in the attachment an outline (based on the MJK allignement tables) of a 60Hz tuned desktop TL for the W3-871. place the driver somewhere in the area of the text, a bit lower maybe? use a fair amount of stuffing in the closed end, and a little in the open end (experiment with this to suite yr taste)

Attachments

• outline desktop TL with W3-871 (using MJK allignment tables).png
    outline desktop TL with W3-871 (using MJK allignment tables).png
    32.1 KB · Views: 182
Hi there: I have a pair of TB W4-1320SD drivers that I would like to use for midrange-HF above a double stacked RYPOLE (28"hx14'wX5.6"d). Could the MJK design be used as is for these drivers or would they need to have revised dimensions?
(The posted TB spec's are the same for the SC or SD versions:
4"d, 25wrms/50wmax, 8ohm, Re6.8, Fs75hz, Vas0.21cf, Qts0.37, Qms1.5, Qes048, Xmas-3mm, range 75-20Khz, SPL 89db1w/1m) ... regards Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.