Tade's new CMoy amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maybe it should be "LF353N"?

Oh man I don't know. Looking at the data sheet, it doesn't appear to be all that great for this application. I guess it is ok if it works and the op is happy with it. That data sheet is pretty vague about current output capability. Perhaps it's not a good idea to change anything unless he decides to change op amps to the one specified or something similar.

I am going to build one of these with 2x opa2132 and with the 47-Ohm resistors and then try some lower values and note the effect. I already have most of the parts but I'll need to go shopping to get a few things.

I think I've seen it used for audio in some of NatSemi's app notes, but never as a headphone amp. I've always had it my "almost a TL072" category.
And if y'all are talking about R5 from the Chu Moy schematic... I found the value too high for mine. I think I used ~10 ohms or dispensed with it altogether. I've found that many op amps can drive 32ohms+ but they just don't do it optimally. Within limits, the sound I've gotten is very good. Cmoy is a proven design after all. If the OP's circuit is getting enough voltage it would seem there is some other problem with the circuit itself. R5 is highly suspect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.