TABAQ TL for Tangband

Beautiful build, me too one day want to try the P830987, for now still ultra enjoy 4FE32...all the best

P.S. wha is the meaning of the logo on the top? Sorry just curious :)

Thanks for the feedback. The logo is the Om sign, details here. Myself I'm not into yoga, but the final user is a yoga teacher and the Om sound is used a lot in yoga as I understand. It's a vinil decal I ordered online.

The painting is my first-time with a paint gun. Steep learning curve and still not satisfied with the final quality if I look closely. I'm trying to find a training school locally but not easy, even while following the numerous online videos. My issues are most probably caused by a combination of cheap spray gun and beginner issues with its setup and usage.

I forgot to mention, I have installed a BSC filter in it, screwed to the inside of the speaker connector (1mH // 3.9 Ω). It's diameter is 1mm smaller than the hole, I was lucky. Not shown on the pics are the outriggers, below a shot while I built them. The feets extend on the sides. Fixed to the bottom using epoxy-glued nuts and countersunked holes.

Attachments

• bsc.jpg
    bsc.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 570
  • outriggers.jpg
    outriggers.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 557
CBUECHE I got the same negative experience with a paint gun, it need a lot of experience, I fund much better use an acrylic baby roller, but I saw a member of this forum use a spray car bumper paint for his speaker and the result was fabulous for a rough finish, I want to try it next time I will build a speaker, in the main time you made already a wonderful job believe me...:) .....ciao

seeking speaker suggestions

I am new to this forum. I have a 25'x15' living room. I am looking for any suggestions on what may be a good speaker size, make & model to consider for this build. I am particularly interested in speakers which have a non-fatiguing and neutral sounding speaker. Speaker budget ~$100 since this is my very first DIY build attempt !

simplyaudio - lately I’m very hesitant to recommend something if I don’t have much background info on the expectations. However, if you want to listen to music (not speakers) and experience great sound quality at low cost and reasonable listening levels - I would 100% recommend building TABAQ’s with Peerless P830987 drivers: Peerless by Tymphany 830987 3" Full-Range Woofer

It’s not a complicated build and within your budget. They sound great with 12mm MDF. I would recommend using Plan B in this post:
TABAQ TL for Tang Band
Good luck and keep us posted.

I am new to this forum. I have a 25'x15' living room. I am looking for any suggestions on what may be a good speaker size, make & model to consider for this build. I am particularly interested in speakers which have a non-fatiguing and neutral sounding speaker. Speaker budget ~$100 since this is my very first DIY build attempt !

You can also consider FaitalPro 4FE32 that is by far my favourite driver on the original Tabaq, after 1 years of listening I am still blowed away how it perform and sound FaitalPRO 4FE32 4" Neodymium Professional Full-Range Woofer 8 Ohm
All the best.

Finally, after a long way, I finished my first build. I have to say I'm amazed by the sound, although it's my first time with a full-range too and I can't be objective.

I think that the W5-2143 are a good match for the TPA3251. And what a bass :D

Hi, where can i find drawings for that folded version for w5-2143?
Do you measure them, how low they can reach?

Hi Woofer,

I did some basic measurement. They reach ~42Hz.

These are last drawings I made. I also added the panels list that I sent to company that cut the wood for me. Please notice that the some panels differs a little, because I adapted it to the wood thickness that was available.

Attachments

• TABAQ_LARGE_FOLDED_W5-2143_PANELS.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 178
  • TABAQ_LARGE_FOLDED_W5-2143_MOD.pdf
    657 KB · Views: 160
Hi Woofer,

I did some basic measurement. They reach ~42Hz.

These are last drawings I made. I also added the panels list that I sent to company that cut the wood for me. Please notice that the some panels differs a little, because I adapted it to the wood thickness that was available.

Pay attention that when you fold the TABAQ you should adjust the cross-section.

If you maintain the same length and same cross-section doesn't works.