TABAQ TL for Tangband

Hi,

Could someone have a look at this spec and let me know if this would suit the TABAQ please, i have found them in the U.K. at a great price (£10.02 each)

Visaton fr10-4 ohm
http://www.visaton.de/sites/default/files/dd_product/fr10_4.pdf

from this site ... http://cpc.farnell.com/visaton/fr10-2020/speaker-full-range-10cm-30w-4ohm/dp/LS01670?st=full%20range%20speakers

does anybody have any experience with them ??

many thanks in advance for your time

Jason

The FRS8 is said to work well in TABAQ, should also be available at similar or smaller price. The #'s look OK for that one too, might have to add some stuffing, make sure to use the 4" driver plan...

Do you have LeonardAudio TL ?

If so, it's quite easy to key in the dimensions above, then adjust the length of the port and size of the port to taste.

I usually start in the ball park of 9cm long and 1.6cm2 opening, and adjust from there.

I'll be away all day, but will try to fire up the old PC sometime this week.

I’m in the process of moving. Having packed up most of my audio and other belongings, I have been listening to music on the Micro Tabaqs I built last year, powered by a cheap TPA3116 amp and a Chromecast Audio streamer. How a pair of speakers that look like aluminum foil boxes standing on end, with single 2” drivers, can sound this good is beyond me. I was previously using them as nearfield computer speakers, but they’re now doing a credible job of filling my bedroom with jazz.

Sorry, I meant which tabaq dimensions are to be used with 3fe25. I am heading to a store that among other thinks they cut wood and i don't have the time to search for them.

Not sure if you have cut your wood yet, and I cannot confirm the Tabaq size for the 3FE25 drivers, but someone used them before (in classic Tabaqs):

I also did a quick A-B comparison with the classic Tabaqs. I used a set of classic Tabaqs that double as test boxes and currently housing FaitalPro 3FE25 drivers. The difference is obvious and stark. To me the classic Tabaqs represent joyousness and fun. They are lively and bright. They have impressive bass too with the right drivers but do not go as low as the modified Tabaqs. On the other hand, the modified Tabaqs have good SQ and all-round balance which is warm and staid but relaxed.

Thank you Bjorn, for giving us yet another great design. Its so assuring that you and other stalwarts of DiyAudio are always there to support and encourage DIY'ers like us.

See post #1349

Well I finally finished my Tabaq's using Mark Audio CHR70.3 drivers. I still need to add a finish to the plinths

I'm enjoying listening to them so much. I'm no expert, but they have exceeded my expectations with the sound they produce and I have managed to finish them to a decent standard. I have WAF!

Thanks to all thread contributors!

Regards

Chris

IMG-20180415-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20180415-WA0003.jpg