t2020 Amps adding bluetooth module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The problem with the Sure board for me is there is no microphone. I am making a portable class-D box and want voice call functionality. I ordered this a couple days ago because it has the mic and button controls (including separate volume controls, which you dont see as much) in addition it claims NFC and Airplay compatibility. Once I get it I will see how how/if I can work it into my design.

How are you all doing with the Bluetooth boards? My boom-box project might reach the end of the bench soon and I am still up in the air about a module. Without a physics lesson, is the APT-X performance that much better than 4.0? I see the graph above but is the vertical scale in % of THD or something else?

I really should do some more reading on Bluetooth. I'm way behind the curve.

Hello,

I'm building a Bluetooth portable speaker as well but I have a problem with Bluetooth module. Has any of you used XS3868 module? I choosed it because it's cheap and looks great (having keys and battery charging onboard).

I connected it according to the schematic in attachment. When I connect it to power supply it produces a sound that it's turned on but mobile phones or other BT devices can't find it.

First, I connected it to a DC-DC converter giving 3.7 volts. 3 seconds after turning it on, the DC-DC converter started to produce some strange sounds and the chip on BT module got very hot. Then I tried to connect it to a 3.7 V battery from a mobile phone but still it doesn't work.

My first try was on a proto board but then I tried to solder it to a real board but it still doesn't work. My phone can't find it. I tried without keys and without these capacitors and resistor but nothing.

Is it fried or something?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    309.6 KB · Views: 258
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.