t-amp + one speaker , can i get full potential?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry for being a bit cryptic. I´m about to build a small mobile stereo using a 5066 t-amp a small ~1,5-2 Ah batteri and one tangband w3-871s.
Since i only use one speaker i would feed one of the t-amp channels with a monosignal, then the channel not used will just be lying therer waiting for work.
Is that the only way to do it or can I use the full capacity of the t-amp but with just one driver? I understand bridging is not an option?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
That's about the best you can do with one speaker. You lose one channel of the amp. You can not bridge them.

I would also suggest you put a resistor on the blank channel. Maybe 20 Ohms or so - 10 watt. The T-Amps are happier with a load on the output.

Maybe later you will want to put a woofer with your Tang Band. You can use the other channel for that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.