System Pictures & Description

A better picture of my system, taken with a functional camera this time and with a less messy room.

anl2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 23 users
Thanks! It does indeed sound good, especially considering the low-ish budget for the whole system. The speakers are pretty much just chipboard and MDF with low to medium price drivers and the tube mono blocks are made of parts from old Philips EL6400 PA amplifiers.

Reactions: 1 users
tri-(tube)amped set with open baffle and K-tubes

Good evening all,

some pictures of my set; 95% DIY.

Speaker system is a 3 way all field coil design. Bass on open baffle; mid and highs with K-tubes.

In the rack on the right 2 monoblocks (35TG triode; 8 W) powering up the woofers.
In the rack in the middle the 6C45 (2,6 W) stereoblock powering up the mids.
In the rack lowest shelf the tweeter amp (currently with the tube combo: 4P1L and ED111; 0,7W)

Currently sourcing serious power supplies as the standard (China-stuff) lab-supplies do work but are not fast enough to compensate for fluctuations in the field coil unde rthe influence of the field coil. Tried some REALLY good power supplies and the difference was positive shocking.

Future plans: i do hope to source the full Pass crossover for a 3 way system. Currently it is working OK with a simple but effective active/passive-solution but listened to a XVR1 and that was pretty amazing in flexibility & resolution.

Regards,
Reinout
I really like the mortar tubes. Obviously for the 1812.

A better picture of my system, taken with a functional camera this time and with a less messy room.

View attachment 1136753
Great looking system!!! I run the big *** Heil tweeters and behind the I have bass traps. They kill the highs coming off the back side of the Heils and when I put plywood over the traps it’s way too bright. I’ve been looking at The type of diffusers you have in the corners.

Do you think they would be a good compromise?
20230126_185408009_iOS.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
Decluttered and recluttered front end of my system.
Out with a class A power amplifier, and in with a much more powerful class D amp.
It's highpassed first order at line level with a single cap, 0.039uf, for about the same effect as 0.047uf on the class A. Bass for the full ranges is picked up again by a sealed sub and plate amp for it. The full ranges don't reach up to the frequencies I find bothersome with my class D amp, and it seems much improved by highpassing the deep bass out of its budget self this way. View attachment 1102941
Nice setup. I saw a picture of the "His Master's Voice" image where that hound is raising his leg on the horn.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user