SY's syclotron mm preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In his followup (AX 4/09) he showed that the bias-multiplied version had better rejection (-160 vs -150dB at low frequencies, a wash at 1kHz and above), but indicated no self-generated noise difference.

BTW, which vendor did you use for PCBs? Jan gave me some Gerbers, but the quotes I got were astonishingly expensive.

For prototyping purposes I use the 33 each special from Advanced Circuits ( Printed Circuit Board Full Spec 2-Layer PCB Design Specials. ) . It's $33 per board for 5 boards (2 layer, up to 60 sq. inches). They're manufactured in Aurora, Colorado so shipping to me in Tucson only adds about a day normally.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, they've just been a good company to work with.

recently had 10 PCB's made 100 x 200 double sided, Silkscreened, thru hole plated ~$20 each!
With a Lot of components, fairly dense boards actually. A bespoke Active crossover assembly.
Emailed the files and a Paypal payment... 2 weeks later 10, 100% perfectly made boards arrived by express mail.
Perfect service, Perfect parts, realistic price.

http://www.futurlec.com/PCBService.shtml

Last edited:
Their pricing ended up slightly higher than Advanced and a much longer lead time. I'd like to try out their software and see how intuitive it is...

Whatever. If you wait long enough the lead time doesn't matter. Here's a screenshot of a simple board I made and use.

I do not mean to be rude. What I mean is that waiting to figure out which circuit board manufacturer is "best" is basically a waste of time in my opinion because they are all competing against each other so what they offer is generally the going rate. The differences are customer support, convenient software, etc. I've had excellent support and customer relations with Pad2Pad. That's all I can say.

Attachments

• p2p LM317.JPG
    p2p LM317.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.