Symasym - Roender Style

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
weissi said:

2sk170 are not very commonly available here, so what can you recommend me to use in ROENDES schematics (As I think this is the most advanced amp schematic available for diy Thermaltrak use...)

Regards,
Markus

It shouldn't be a problem to use 2n5551 or bc550c or mpsa18 instead of sk170 (beware of different pinouts!) But you should add ~22-33ohm emitter resistors to compensate for increased gain.

Mike

Hi All !
News is very intersting.!

roender! How is current through Q19 and Q20? and power disspation ? I intent to use 220ohms for R6 but I afraid that 2N5551 will be destroyed. I used a bigger value, 330ohms but perhaps oscillation appears. I must use a capacitor accross C-B Q19 Q20.

The CFP drivers Q19/20 loaded with 220ohm has Iq 2.5mA. No power dissipation problem here.
The 70-75mA total drivers current will make this stage work in pure class A at any output power. The CFP has no high order harmonics in this case.
Lag VAS compensation has the same function as a BC capacitor connected at Q19/20

it is a shame - since it is a nice idea of using those output transistors......also i like the rest of the schematic :)

can You at least start the thread for that new amp You have on the test board so that i can find it when it is on the forum....or maybe the name for the amp that will appear in the thread name or something....
single stage - wow!
this will be interesting :)
any hints?:cannotbe:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.