SX-Amp and NX-Amp

Terry,
Those big eye mag setups are nice to use as well.
Once you get your setup figured out and the hang of it, you will speed up and get faster than THT. No comp lead forming, no lead clipping.
Yes, I forgot to say schematic as well well that is know item to being with. Tracing sigs on the pcb has to be the hard way to do it. I like simple things, well to be simple as they should/can be.
Passive SMT are a breeze to change in comparison to THT, esp if you have two hot irons, we are talking seconds here, about the same time as it takes to get my Soldapult solder sucker setup.
No SS marking for a SMT SOD-123. This is my criticism of stock libs that come with all cad pkgs ;-)
Post a pic of your final work.
Cheers
Rick

Here's a few screenshots of my PCBs so far... I still have to clean the PCBs but one thing at a time! :D

Amplifier

2014-01-25%252001.08.16.jpg

2014-01-25%252001.08.34.jpg

Power Supply (note that those main caps are just temporary for testing, Mundorf M-Lytics MLGO will be used in there)

2014-01-25%252001.07.06.jpg

2014-01-25%252001.07.45.jpg

Ciao!
Do

Bonsai,did you look for replacements of the 771-PDTA115ET215 in the PSU ?

You can get them here until no more stock

PDTA115ET,215 - NXP - BRT TRANSISTOR, PNP, -50V, -100MA, 100KOHM / 100KOHM, 3-SOT-23 | Newark element14 Canada

I might have to place an order at Newark, I could get a few more for people interested. I would be splitting the shipping of the order with everyone wanting some since I won't fulfill the 200$ minimum free freight order. I believe their shipping is 8$ so not expensive when splitted. Maybe I can get some other parts as well.

Thanks
Do

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Sorry, the REzts are bipolar, not FET.

I will have to look for equivalents tomorrow - Rohm is the best bet.

Pinocchio, those caps on your PSU board look Waaayy too small.

Can you tell us what the value is?

You need 22mfd - don't dkimp on those because it will affect the sound.

Otherwise, nice looking build!

Great to see these nx-Amps coming together!

:cool:

Sorry, the REzts are bipolar, not FET.

I will have to look for equivalents tomorrow - Rohm is the best bet.

Pinocchio, those caps on your PSU board look Waaayy too small.

Can you tell us what the value is?

You need 22mfd - don't dkimp on those because it will affect the sound.

Otherwise, nice looking build!

Great to see these nx-Amps coming together!

Hi Bonsai,

Actually just on top of the PSU picture I wrote they were temp caps, just for testing the PSU to ensure everything is working properly. Is there a test we can do to check all functions of the PSU before actually using it? I guess it is in the manual?

Here's the caps I will use

2014-01-25%252013.23.36.jpg

Ciao!
Do

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
some people have asked for the BOM lists in Excel format.

Here they are. I've also put links on both the sx and nx-Amp pages on hifisonix.com.

Note the CCTs in the Excel file are just for reference - use the ones in the write ups. The BOM lists are the ones that are printed in write -ups so you should be good to go.

nx and sx Amplifiers BOMs | hifisonix.com

nx and sx BOM

some people have asked for the BOM lists in Excel format.

Here they are. I've also put links on both the sx and nx-Amp pages on hifisonix.com.

Note the CCTs in the Excel file are just for reference - use the ones in the write ups. The BOM lists are the ones that are printed in write -ups so you should be good to go.

nx and sx Amplifiers BOMs | hifisonix.com

Thank you bonsai, this is what I've been waiting for when I posted a question on your website. This will help would be builders in having a worry free ordering.

I'm a newbie and my first DIY amp is a LM1875 which I never finished due to limited resources that time. Recently my orders for a stereo set at ebay arrived, I'm now in the process of consolidating parts that I have and parts that will need to be ordered at Mouser.

Now suppose I would like to increase the output to let's say 200w @ 4ohms what is the necessary steps or rule that I should follow to make it possible?

Would increasing the number of outputs and rail voltage would suffice?

Any feedbacks or insights will be highly appreciated.