• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SV Oscillator PCB group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi,

I just completed Glen's generator PCB. Power up and testing remains. How is it progressing for the rest of you?

Attachments

• GK_Gen.JPG
    GK_Gen.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 265

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
From what i understand so far.
The group of 4 trimmers (far away in my pic) is simply frequency adjust. Trimmers closest are rectifier balance. Since input to rectifiers is take after first integrator and second integrator that are 90 deg. apart and respective signal is then inverted 180 deg. we get four phases. These trimmers adjust balance between the 'phase pairs' that is sourced from first and second integrator, i.e. rectifier balance. It will be interesting to look at the rectifier output.
As for the single trimmer far left i think Glen's page explains it best (previous version, 8 Jan update): An Ultra Low Distortion State Variable Oscillator

Last edited:

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi,

Frequencies adjusted, ~ 2-3Hz tolerance within each group. Then i checked the fft on the rectified output (tp2) and was able to null second harmonic on each frequency group.
As for the rest i need better test equipment.

The oscillator takes about 75mA@12V (+/-) no output load. The relays (frequency selection) at most ~260mA@6V.

Hi dirkwright,

To be honest I made it difficult for myself. 15 years since any SMD work, no clip/clamp and no magnifying glass (that I really need nowadays).

I had in mind making a diy clamp but did not get so far. Like this: DIY clamp helps with surface mount soldering well, perhaps it should be a little more sophisticated but just to show the idea.

:D HAHA, that's a funny looking thing! Thanks.

Yes, I find it funny looking as well.:) Nice case you have, almost perfect sized for this application. I seems like a unbalanced output at the back panel. Do you plan to place the mixed feedback circuit in a separate box?

Until I can figure are truly low distortion single ended to balanced converter, I'm not using anything. I designed a basic buffer using one LME49710 and one BUF634 and am waiting on the circuit boards. So, that little board will fit in the box and provide a really low and consistent output impedance for the oscillator. When, and if, I figure out a really low distortion converter, then I'll make another box for that. The all solid state one I have in my simulator uses 8 chips! I'm not sure I want to use it though.

The box I'm using is from Par-Metal.
Par-Metal
It is RFI resistant. The small box I got costs about $100. I'm impressed. It is very well made.

update on the progress on my version of Glen's SVO. I added the buffer board and I have a LM317 regulator board on order for the 6VDC relay supply. Progress is slow unfortunately, since I have so many other things that need to be done.

Attachments

• L1020563.jpg
    L1020563.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 185
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.