Sure Electronics New Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, I meant to mention the power supply, which was two 12V SLA batteries in series, about 26.5VDC - which is how I plan to use the amp. So it wasn't max'ed out to 36V for maximum power.
For the Zobel, I used exactly the same values as you (10ohm and 0.47uf). I tried to get close to the Sure schematic values. I noticed that the Tripath datasheet values are 15ohm and 0.22uf.
Mike

mikebarney said:
Sorry, I meant to mention the power supply, which was two 12V SLA batteries in series, about 26.5VDC - which is how I plan to use the amp. So it wasn't max'ed out to 36V for maximum power.
For the Zobel, I used exactly the same values as you (10ohm and 0.47uf). I tried to get close to the Sure schematic values. I noticed that the Tripath datasheet values are 15ohm and 0.22uf.
Mike

Is your version 2*50watt OR 2*100watt? If it is the latter then the power output is far below spec.

ok got that thing working great now.
i got an 225VA transformer from a friend, but after diodes and big capasitor it gives me 37.7V with the board connected.
and that is 1.7V to much.
well it works great so maybe i just but 3 or 4 diodes in it, to get 36V.
but it gets HOT

really HOT

my temp sensor (its not good, normally about 5 degrees c off) gives 98 degrees celc after 1 hour of music.
and that is when its on my desk, in a case i guess it would get hotter.
so i wanted to get the heatsink off and make a better one on it.
but i dont get it off :xeye:
and i dont want to snap the board in 2
any tips how to get it off without breaking the board or my screwdrivers, they glued it on i guess.

These Sure Electronics tripath boards are crap !

I used a 2 x 100W to fix a Sessionette 75 Double Twelve with broken ILP module's

http://www.award-session.com/pdfs/Award-Session History0012.pdf

Preamp and speakers were tested before the Sure Electronics board was connect and found to be ok. Powersupply was 30Vdc.

Within 1 hour a sizzeling sound was heared, the fuses blow and the board was death. After lifting the heatsink this was found:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Some of the pins have just vaporized :confused:

So far Sure Electronics hasn't replied to any of my emails and the complaint made though Ebay and PayPal, I afraid the 42$ I paid for it are lost. :mad:

From the Sure Electronics AD on Ebay:

13. Over temperature protection
17. Excellent heat sink on TP2050 eliminate your worry on heat dissipation

Didn't give me the impression I needed to add a fan.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

"just for you" , yeah right as long as you pay and don't complain ...

;)

Hello sayang001,

Sorry to hear of your problem.

Noticed from the PDF you attached that you were using the Sure board as a guitar/musical instrument amp. Don't have enough knowledge myself, but maybe the Sure/T-Amp boards are not so suitable for that use. (Distortion/overdrive/guitar transients etc ?)

Maybe someone with more knowlegable about such things could confirm or deny.

Simon

well maybe if your powersupply is to high and your guitar and everything is on max you can blow it up.
but according to tripath datasheet it got a overheating protection.
but e-mail them and try to get your money back.
and without fan it works, but gets really hot.
and normally the board can handle it.

well maybe if your powersupply is to high

I measured before connecting, 30V with no load. While the amplifier was working I measured 29.5V

Don't have enough knowledge myself, but maybe the Sure/T-Amp boards are not so suitable for that use. (Distortion/overdrive/guitar transients etc ?)

Sounds very likely.

but e-mail them and try to get your money back.

I mail them every day, no reaction so far :(

Letting the smoke out...

I fried a 50 watt board yesterday. Went to all the trouble of upgrading it, everything tested fine, then I mounted it in a case. Forgot to connect the ground from the input to the PCB, turned it on and fried the amp chip.
PS: One thing I noted after modding the unit, but before killing it: increasing the input cap from the 1uf stock to 2uf (as many have recommended) corrected the frequency response at 20Hz from -0.7db to -0.15db.
Mike

Got email from Sure electronics today, they will send a replacement.

Quote from their email:

Please make sure the input signal is small, such as the output of MP3, CD and earphone of computer.

I measured the output op the pre-amp from my guitar amplifier which is max. 1.5Vt-t . I don't think that this board is rugged enough for guitar use however.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.