• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support for Botic Linux driver

DQ828: with the current driver it is fully supported, because driver does not use I2C ... there is planned (optional) I2C control of ES9018 via BBB and then HiFiduino will not be needed

Thanks you where too quick for me, I was doing the edit :)

When you say "with the current driver it is fully supported" what do you mean fully supported?

How would the code be written to control the ES9018?

I also have relays etc that need to be controlled for switching power can this be done via the BBB etc.

Of course my main issue will be it the BBB doesn't have a controller for the SSD.

BBB can be programmed the same way as the HiFiduino is.

With "fully supported" I've meant that BBB does nothing at the moment, thus HiFiduino can be connected.

Yes, the BBB has many GPIO pins to control other things as various switches, but this is not supported by "Botic driver" linux image yet.

BBB can be programmed the same way as the HiFiduino is.

With "fully supported" I've meant that BBB does nothing at the moment, thus HiFiduino can be connected.

Yes, the BBB has many GPIO pins to control other things as various switches, but this is not supported by "Botic driver" linux image yet.

Thanks,

I haven't rushed out and bought a BBB as yet (been very tempted) I live in hope they will add a SATA input in the next version :)

Why would you want SATA?

There are plenty of NASes (Network Attached Storage) and BBB can connect to them via Ethernet network.

The only disadvantage is you do not have single device, but more.

I guess I'm a bit of a dinosaur, I do most (95%) of my listening in bed and like to turn everything off before I retire. Being able to have the music on my main system in the bedroom is my preference. I would also have the music on the computer as a backup. Theoretically I could probably do the music exchange (sync) via the WiFi as I rip or download music.

I live in hope they will add a SATA input in the next version

Please be aware of early discussions on this subject (Feb 2014)
I found the best results streaming via network (both wired and wireless) from NAS.
the strength of the system outlined in this thread is that the music server/output device is free from having to control a mass storage device (that task is handled by a separate network file server)

So? Please excuse the ignorance:confused:
np.

one one hand you have an closed upnp renderer
on the other a fully functional, flexible stand alone linux sistem

for example if you want to control the dac thru i2c you cannot do it with the renderer, same thing applies to screen output, change the actual player etc... but it adds a little bit of complexity (little depending how well you are used to console commands and linux in general)

on the other hand the renderer is almost plug and play, apart from upnp server configuration