Suitable Speakers for 3+3watt tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I really should build a set of these, just to recalibrate my ears to something different - in other words: "Chris, when will you stop fonken around?"

still can't resist a cheesy pun

Having built built a set of Fonken Primes (which are FABULOUS and are permanently ensconced in the living room) and three different Mets, I have to say:
1) the Met is so easy compared to a Fonken that you could knock out a pair in your sleep;
2) the Met is the only design that I have repeated because: it works so well (like the Fonken), but is more easily built; allowing me to explore the potential of three vastly different drivers in similar geometry, permitting appreciation of the different drivers' characteristics more directly than trying to figure out whether differences are due to driver or cabinet style.
3) Mets have high WAF, take up little floor space, and don't need stands.

I built stands for the Fonkens using solid oak--with shelves for CDs; stands took much time, had significant cost, and don't make any pleasurable sounds. I'd rather be building speakers.

Cheers, Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.