Suggestions on low bass music

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh yeah! nearly forgot:

Try: A.R. Rahman - Mumbai Theme

With the right equipment the low bass can momentarily stop you breathing ;)

cosmic :D

Another one that has got a good low level bass 'teng' going on is: Hot Tuna's 'Water Song'

I also like Eric Clapton's 'Change the World' lovely crisp sounding production with underlying of low level bass.

David Arnold's remix of Bjork's 'Play Dead' is good too :D

Enjoy

Pink Floyd - Breathe

bit at the start is 20Hz in a heartbeat rhythm.

Very reduced (volume) though.

Slipknot - Gently

will test the tunefulness of your system.

Linkin Park - Session

for some really wierd bass lines. Lots of un-natural sounds in that one.

Slipknot - Vermillion Pt2 (Bloodstone mix)

Some of the lowest thuds I've heard in a while - estimated <30Hz.

chris661 said:
Pink Floyd - Breathe

bit at the start is 20Hz in a heartbeat rhythm.

Very reduced (volume) though.

Given that both hearing and loudspeaker systems rarely extend down to 20 Hz without a big reduction in level, how could it possibly not be very reduced in volume?

My suggested listening: Laurie Anderson: Gravity's Angel, from LP or CD "Mister Heartbreak"

Mooly said:
Charles-Marie Widor, Symphony for Organ No 5 in F minor (Simon Preston playing the organ at Westminster Abbey- Deutsche Grammophon 413-438-2) , 1st movement, that will get the windows rattling.

Try the third movement too, some great lows there.

One of the very best for deep bass is the CD of Saint Saens Symphony no 3 for organ and orchestra Philips 412 619-2 Edo De Waart / San Francisco Symphony. In track 2, nine minutes in there is solid bass to 20hz and below!! one of my fav test discs for R&D

Regards,

Simon :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.