Subwoofer with the box 15-300/8a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
top is cubo
bottem br ,port is just a hole in the baffle.
cubo.jpg

Hi Y'all,

After trying this woofer in a number of Hornresp models, the only subwoofer for the driver "the box 15-300/8A" that I kind of like is a front loaded horn (FLH) of about 362 L_net, I'll attach the Hornresp Input and SPL screens. For a suggested construction (and size comparison) see the Vitavox Thunderbolt (estimated net volume = 560 Litres) The unofficial Vitavox website- Thunderbolt. There are lots of nice 15 inch driver FLHs out there, and with Hornresp (and AkAbak) we can actually simulate their response.

Regards,

Attachments

• the box_15_300_8A_FLH_Input.jpg
    the box_15_300_8A_FLH_Input.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 306
  • the box_15_300_8A_FLH_SPL.jpg
    the box_15_300_8A_FLH_SPL.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Hi hents503,

You could try using two drivers in an isobaric configuration: bass reflex (vented), volume=100L, port I.D.=15.24cm, port length=15.24cm. Should be easy to try out if you already have a box, just mount two driver in clamshell fashion, and tune the box.

Obviously, all of this depends on the accuracy of the T/S paramerters.

Regards,

Hi hents503,

Yes, front-to-front is usually the easiest to try. Obviously, the electrical polarity has to be reversed on one of the woofers, i.e.: they need to move together in the same direction. For maximum distortion cancellation they should be mounted front-to-front (clamshell) or back-to-back (in a tunnel).

Regards,

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.