SUBWoofer vs. Woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think that any correlation between frequencies a speaker is capable of and its designation as being a sub-woofer or woofer have probably long since been lost to the marketing people....
Bingo!

I mean would you really call this tangband driver a subwoofer???
No but it is a heck of a woofer. I use them as the LFT's in a pair of bi-amped 4 ways and love them.

6.5" with a resonant freq of 38Hz somehow I don't think so. It would appear to me that anything with Long Throw is now considered by the marketing dept to be a subwoofer...
True but now you're just repeating what was said earlier in the thread. C'mon Tony you have to come up with your own points, quit stealing mine. :D

Cheers.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Imitation is the highest form of flattery Cal ;)

I'd actually been avoiding looking at "sub-woofer" designated drivers for use as woofers, but after your comment on the TB Cal I might need to revise that :) It is possible that throw aside, it is purely a form of market segmentation as well.

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.