Subwoofer for my Warfdales

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To set it up once over, you could use Foobar2000 with the crossover plugin. Using the crossover degrades the sound noticably, so I'd recommend it for getting the crossover frequencies and slopes correct, then use the appropriate capacitors and resistors to get the slope correct. Keeping them decent quality (read: avoid electrolytics) would help things, and buying up surplus, then matching them into pairs would also help things.

bjorno> "Just a box with an internal divider"
Yes, I was a bit hasty with my first impression, perhaps I was biased by memories of the 70's when every aspiring audiophile had a concrete sewer pipe in the room :), will have to re-evaluate, thanks for your guidance.
Trouble is that I am hopeless at making decisions and at this rate I am going to end up with a room full of wooden boxes ;-):D
chris> "Foobar2000"
Ohhh nice one, brill. not seen that before, tkx, I especially like its option for portable 'non-'installation, a thinking team.
there will now be a short intermission whilst I watch my audio collection on its spectrograph :) ,,,,,
ahha, just seen -Steeleye Span, Bedlam Born, "Well Done Liar!"- going 22kHz+, first track to go much over 15kHz!
ohh sorry, back to topic >>

I have found my way to filter design on richie00boy and Linkwitz sites which should do the trick once I get my head round it all!
(It's been a few years since I was involved in electronics things)
In my innocence I thought that the belts&braces filter would have to be installed between the amp and the vented box to prevent low freq nasties happening in the amp from letting the smoke out of the cone in the vented box.

I wonder what this dolby headphone plugin is all about, is it a way of getting orchestras out of the middle of my head ?? ,,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.