Subwoofer amplifier MIK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I checked the voltages on different transistors and have -0.6V at the base of 2sc3198. This can't be correct? The base of NPN should always be positive, right? The base of this transistor is connected to the emitter of KTD1303, which has negative voltages on all legs.

I measured voltages on various transistors and have all negative voltages on 2sc1027. E=-38V, C=-0.4V, B=-35V. How come they all have the same polarity. Isn't the base of a NPN transistor driven by a positive voltage and the current being controlled flows from collector to emitter? Also, the the driver KD600K reads E=0.8V, B=36V, C=0.3V. Isn't emitter supposed to be negative? I'm sure that all the transistors are where they are supposed to be, since I wrote their location on a paper before removing or testing them. What would be worth checking next? Originally, the amp had two blown PS mosfets and one output driver. I think I'm going to remove all the diodes and test them one by one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.