Subminiature sockets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have found both the 5744 and 6021 to be quite microphonic.. I have a pair of 5703 I have yet to do anything with.

I designed a phono pre around the 5744 and 6021 a few years back and found it much noisier than expected considering the high transconductance of the 5744. I used two in parallel per channel and the 6021 provided a second stage of gain and a CF for low output impedance.

I can also say that the 6021 seems to make the most dreadful sort of SRPP I have yet encountered. (Sometime SRPP fan speaking)

I have never scored any 6111 and 6112 - became aware of their desirability too late to get any at a reasonable price. Always late to the party, that's me.. :devilr:

I have found both the 5744 and 6021 to be quite microphonic..

Unfortunately, I think most sub-miniatures are.

I can also say that the 6021 seems to make the most dreadful sort of SRPP I have yet encountered. (Sometime SRPP fan speaking)

I used them cascode, for the input of a phono pre. They sound very good. The only problem is that I could not get enough headroom with the supply voltage I was running at. Some transients would over-load it. Which is why I switched to 6111 for that position. It is possible that there is a significant variance between manufactures. The noise floor of my 6111-6112 phono-pre seems very good, but my speakers are only 91dB @ 1W.

I have never scored any 6111 and 6112 - became aware of their desirability too late to get any at a reasonable price. Always late to the party, that's me..

Luckily I snagged like 20; 6112's awhile back before prices got out of hand. Unfortunately, I only have 2; 6111. Both of which are in-circuit so none on reserve.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.