• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Subbu DAC V3 - ES9023/WM8804 SPDIF & Power Supply PCB" Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Regarding my tweaking of the V3 ...

Tier 1 - most important change from the BOM

Upgrade C22 - the electrolytic cap for Avcc of the ES9023. I really like polymer caps and I find that the sound got better as I increased the size of this capacitor. I ended up using a 470uf 16v Nichicon capacitor.

---Gary

Would you say some or all of the tweaks mentioned also apply to the v2.6?

I'm getting a v2.6 soon and may be interested in tweaking it down the line.

I'd also like to take this opportunity thank everyone involved, Subbu for the design and running the GB, jean-paul for the PCB and tireless support in the various threads. And korbenwiz for his steady hand and calm demeanour faced with a horde of DIY:ers...

...and of course every single DIY:er whose interest in the design made it happen, again and again. I guess you all get christmas off, then i'd say it's high time to start planning for V4...

;)

Joined 2002
Paid Member
jean-paul said:
Thanks but ...a ...V4 ? :crazy:
Yeah, you're right, what was i thinking. Clearly the next should be V3.4!
:spin:

Yes, I've retrofitted some of these tweaks into a couple of v2.6 DACs that I built last year with good results. I discussed that briefly here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/245233-build-thread-building-subbu-dac-v3-se-7.html#post3699443
---Gary

Thanks! As soon as i get the hardware i'll try to compile together the various suggested mods from various people, and go from there. Also, since i'll be making the enclosure for the DAC, i'll try to get some recommendations from the likes of AndrewT on grounding and safe hookup, mysteriously mostly missing from these threads(self-preservation, perhaps?).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.