Sub gurus, please tell me... (super-sub enclosure)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay now....

Hey BassAwdyO, I hear you.... and yes, I'm thinking 16Hz might be a bit lower than needed. Believe it or not though, I do have some techno bass CD's that hit 16Hz here and there.... but with quite a bit of signal down to 20Hz, so I certainly want to get down to at least 20....
And again though, this is why I want my upper cutoff frequency to be fully variable (active) so that I can turn up the frequency a bit higher if need be, so that my super-sub can have at least a little fun :)
Oh BTW, I think you need to hook up that 1000wt Dayton class G, and let us know how it does :)

Hey pjanda1, YES ! Transmission lines sound REALLY interesting. Read my latest post on the subject..... (titled "Interesting reading" The legend of El-Pipo)

Peace,
Fish

Attachments

• 15intitanicmkiiiv-versus-mj18-8.gif
    15intitanicmkiiiv-versus-mj18-8.gif
    97.2 KB · Views: 148
Personally I think you'd be better off with two of the Quatro's instead of one titanic... volume displacement would be equal, however mutual coupling will help you out another 3db. Cost will probably be damn near the same after shipping....

The MJ-18 seems like it would require some EQ to get down below 20hz with a flat response.... And I'm guessing the enclosure size might be obscene.... but hey... if you went with four quattros your enclosure might be in excess of 15cubic feet as well(if you really wanna get below 20hz). Its hard to say without models though... but just my guess

Re: Thank you bjorno....

Fish Chris said:
and even that would be subject to personal opinion, huh ?

Fish, can't think of anything more important than that. You can't tell what it sounds like on paper. Besides, whatever you choose, you will get use to and like. Then a few years from now you'll become restless and need to update. Same old, same old. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.