sub build advice,,,much searching done already

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree with you. Hope the OP understands your and others opinions (on the Vb = 235 vs. 113L options) and EQ of the final system with the effect of the higher Qt. ;)

Not "NOTHING"?! :eek:

You have mail and Amazon and you have good manufacturers from UK (Volt) and Europe (AudioTechnology/DK and Beyma/Spain, B&C, 18Sound/Italy, Focal/France and Germany), they don't have. I agree with you it's more expensive some times if you import from overseas. This not true also, if you look Canada and USA (from UK) has cheaper mail than inside the UK, from the UK. To Europe is also more expensive than sending it to China or Hong Kong/Asia. Taxes are a different business and all countries have very high taxes and customs now if not charging a lot in mail and transports already. You can't have your cake and eat it too. :(

For sure all good points!! but i liked it so much better when there was nearly 3 dollars to a pound:)

here is a quick pic. It is a big fella. as far as testing,,,I have no testing gear other than my hearing(which after playing drums for 20 years is far from perfect). I have ran test tones through it and it seemed to perform well. I am very happy with it. Both movies and music sound outstanding. I am however considering a rebuild. I am thinking of rebuilding a sealed box for the same speaker, but adding a second identical to the left side,,,probably overkill for my space, but I like the idea of it looking symmetrical, as long as I am not gonna mud up the room. I am a commercial electrician and have been occupied with a carmike (big D) theater. Which has been pretty fun. lot's of speaker wire pulled,,,lots. The big theater has 10 front subs, 2 rear subs,,8 rears, 7 surrounds left wall, right wall, left center ceiling, right center ceiling,,and for stage center speakers,,4 left, 4left center, 4 center, 4 right center and 4 right. The theaters farthest away from the server room(all audio and video is controlled from a center located room) have 25,000 feet of just speaker wire each (8 gauge!)

Attachments

• sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 87
Has anyone done any follow up work on bjorno's OD-TL from post 9 that uses the Dayton Audio UM12-22 DVC Ultimax driver?
Hornresponse seems to show some positive traits with this cabinet, but it is a real bear to try and fold in any realistic manner.
I did a simulation in Hrsp. where it is a constant taper and the performance hardly changes but I'm not sure that this makes the fold any easier.
Anyway, just wondering.

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.