Sub Amp..in need of direction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking at driving a handfull of sealed inclosures. I Would like to find a cost effective MODULAR solution for power. I have searched the forum and found many class D designs...but very few AB designs with a fair amount of power. I would prefer something I can purchase a pre-printed PCB for, If not, someone who can print a high quality piece.

Looking for a modular design, 4 OHM load, 1200-2500 WRMS 18-90 HZ.

Thanks
Dennis

what are you actually trying to do? Can you be more specific?
Looking for one amp to drive a "handfull of sealed enclosures"?...
Your power requirement is quite big. Usually, giving each driver its own amp works better. And can be cheaper too, as you do not need such a powerfull amp anymore.
Building your own amps is probably not better, or less expensive than buying a commercially available one. Building your own amps, you do for the fun of it, and the satifaction of playing with a self built piece of equipement.
For a lot of power for your money, look at pro-amps, as used at live gigs, pubs and dancings. Building your own 1200-2500 Watt amp can be hard, and buying a hifi-design with such powerrating will most likely be more expensive than you'd want it to.

http://www.krellonline.com/html/m_ClassA_p_FPBm_750cx.html

Thanks for the input...But I thought this was the DIY Audio forum..not the BIY audio forum...LOL

Anyways.. I have been building RF amps for most of my life. And have done a fair amount of repair on some HIFI stuff. Most pro amps are way short in the PSU for this type of job...and alot of the HIFI stuff also. I am building it to save cash...And I have a hard time believeing it will cost more than $3k to build. The biggest problem for me is dealing with the PCB. If I can find a nice design that already has a PCB availible...then I will go that way. If Not, Then I am curious who is the best to make the PCB?

Thanks
Dennis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.