Studiomaster Test tone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought i posted this thread but it hasn't come up so i'll try again..

Hey Ho Everyone..

Not formally introduced myself yet but thought I'd leave this question here first..

I have a studiomaster mixdown gold 16 8 16, I'm wanting to route the 1khz test tone to go through the aux sends (one or 2 at least).

I'm thinking it will be quite straight forward to do once I've found the oscilator chip but i don't really know what I'm looking for.

I'm pretty sure I know which board it will be on but theres a few chips on there.

Maybe a long shot but would anyone be able to help me out with what to look for? I've looked through the manual but don't have the shcematic. (Not sure if the schematics would help me to be honest ).:eek:

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I'm not a mixer expert but the test tone could be generated a number of ways. It could be digitally created if there's a microcontroller in the system. These days many uC's have DACs on board as well.

It could be discrete - a couple of transistors make a pretty distorted sine wave.

As you say, it could be a sig gen chip but that would be the most expensive way of generating a tone.

If you enter the IC numbers into google you'll get a description/datasheet somewhere in the results. Make sure it's the chip ID number and not a date code;)

I guess there's a reason why you can't just route the tone from a channel strip into the aux send?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.