joel

Attachments

• studio reference.jpg
    studio reference.jpg
    711.6 KB · Views: 2,005
Nice work, but C4 is 1uF/50V :)
Regards
Hi Apex,
For C1, C8, C9, C10, C11 it is also 50V or higher?
if we use max +/-75VDC, what is the minimum allowed(safe) for these caps rating?

I've remove wire jumper in the bottom side.
Hi Reski,
well done
PCB size please?
Mine also has been changed(not tested yet), now its look more symmetric :D

Regards

my version of sr200

I have modified the layout for dc servo.I uploaded this to share with, however this board has not been tested so be aware and try to review my work.goodluck and enjoy:)

regards,
drowranger

Attachments

• sr200 for upload.zip
    304 KB · Views: 572
  • studio reference.jpg
    studio reference.jpg
    697.7 KB · Views: 1,455
How much power i can achieve with dc +/-60v at 8R??

what is the minimum voltage to be applied?

what should be the biasing current for this type of amplifier so that i can estimate the size of heat sink?

Regards,
Jacob

120W/8R with +/-60V, minimum rail voltage +/-35V, 30-50mA per pair of outputs is minimum bias or 150-200mA in rail.
Regards

Last edited:
the truth is, all these talk about power ratings on paper is meaningless until an actual power testing can be done using a signal generator, a scope and 8ohm power resistor or dummy loads or a distortion meter....

WHY?

because we really do not know the quality of the power transformer you are using.....we can spec it but the actual dc resistances of the windings we do not know.....

open loaded rails sag big under load...

the Pioneer Spec2 rated at 200wpc into 8ohms has an unloaded rails of 92volts, at full power, rails sag to 71volts.....

.........rated at 200wpc into 8ohms has an unloaded rails of 92volts, at full power, rails sag to 71volts.....
to reach specification output of 56Vpk they start with quiescent supply rails @ ~+-90Vdc and when under full power they sag to +-71Vdc. That's a lost 34Volts.
That is such abominable performance that I would be asking for my money back because the amp is not fit for purpose.