Studio Reference Amplifier

thanks to Apex&Alex for this SR200

Attachments

• DSCN0607.JPG
    DSCN0607.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 3,479
Cooling needed?

I have built one SR200 and have it running on +/- 70V.
I can set bias for it to be at 100mA (10Ohm resistors do not go up in flames).
However, the MJE 340/350 all get very hot. During short up-times I did some measuring and it seems that each of these MJE's has approx 67V between E-C and runs some 10mA. Should these T's get warm with these numbers? Should I heatsink them (I see heatsinks on them in some builds.
Or does this mean that there is an error in my build?

Attachments

• DSCF0533.jpg
    DSCF0533.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 3,142
  • DSCF0534.jpg
    DSCF0534.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 2,710
However, the MJE 340/350 all get very hot. During short up-times I did some measuring and it seems that each of these MJE's has approx 67V between E-C and runs some 10mA. Should these T's get warm with these numbers? Should I heatsink them (I see heatsinks on them in some builds.

it would be best if you fitted heat sink tab's for the mje340/50's to aid there cooling...

Disabled Account
Joined 2011
apex regulator

apex i make car smps and connect to your regulator.i want to use+-65v,what suitable voltage should i produce from smps and than regulate using your regulator?or have calculation.because i confuse which better input 90v regulate to 65v or input 75v regulate to 65v.

Cooling needed?

Anyone else done this too?
I run SR200 on +/- 70V and found that 5 transistors get pretty hot. It all works just fine, however, I made some cooling on the MJE transistors and the 2 BC550's that connect to the + via the 100ohm resistors (see picture).

Isn't it strange that the 2 BC550's on the '-' side do not get as hot as the ones on the + side?

Attachments

• DSCF0573.JPG
    DSCF0573.JPG
    431 KB · Views: 2,364
Anyone else done this too?
I run SR200 on +/- 70V and found that 5 transistors get pretty hot. It all works just fine, however, I made some cooling on the MJE transistors and the 2 BC550's that connect to the + via the 100ohm resistors (see picture).

Isn't it strange that the 2 BC550's on the '-' side do not get as hot as the ones on the + side?

It's strange that the 2 BC550 get hot. MJEs must be hot and BCs must be cold in cascode VAS...

Yes, MJE's need cooling, there is no error,
Regards