Studio Reference Amplifier

Speakers are good, don't go on finishing, they are home made, But sound good.
Are you saying about the speakers after seeing the T/s parameter pdf that i had posted.

Right now in India These are the best drivers a diyer can get, Any thing else will have to be imported.

All I need to do is get a better Crossover, I haven't made any yet, Don't know how to.

What do you mean to get a better crossover? The speakers have a crossover or not?

Did you buy the speakers with no crossover for them? When you use more than one driver, you do need a crossover, it's not an option: it's obligatory.

Except if you use active speakers, where you put separate amplifiers to drive each speaker. Then you use an electronic xover. But I don't think that's your case.

What do you mean to get a better crossover? The speakers have a crossover or not?

Did you buy the speakers with no crossover for them? When you use more than one driver, you do need a crossover, it's not an option: it's obligatory.

Except if you use active speakers, where you put separate amplifiers to drive each speaker. Then you use an electronic xover. But I don't think that's your case.

YES I do have a crossover for the speakers. Not made by me. But by a friend, It needs tuning.earlier amp was not good , So could not test.

Drivers are purchased separately, Speaker box made at home. If you can guide how to make crossover, I will Surely Try it.

I have Speaker workshop. But no jig.

YES I do have a crossover for the speakers. Not made by me. But by a friend, It needs tuning.earlier amp was not good , So could not test.

Drivers are purchased separately, Speaker box made at home. If you can guide how to make crossover, I will Surely Try it.

I have Speaker workshop. But no jig.

Well, to design a crossover many programs can do. But to tune it that is very difficult.

You need several tools and know very well what you are doing.

Madisound used to design a crossover when you bought speakers from them, but you would be better served if you got a complete kit.

Crossover

The purpose of this circuitry is to split up the full range of frequencies into a number of bands, e.g. with multi-channel speakers. Each driver is then supplied with the range of frequencies for which it was originally designed. This is done by means of filter circuitry. There are a number of different technical methods available: - analogue, passive: using coils, capacitors, resistors - analogue, active: using electronic circuits - digital, active: using electronic circuits. In addition we distinguish between the methods used by their characteristics: - high-pass filter: low frequencies are rolled off - low-pass filter: higher frequencies are rolled off - bandpass filter: both the lower and higher frequencies are rolled off. The frequency response of the loudspeaker can be additionally affected by the way the crossover is designed. The general rule is: use as few components as possible but use as many as you need! It is in any event important to dedicate some thought to the crossover because this unit has a considerable effect on the overall sound quality.

http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/targetgen/pcdc.htm

Last edited:
Crossover

The purpose of this circuitry is to split up the full range of frequencies into a number of bands, e.g. with multi-channel speakers. Each driver is then supplied with the range of frequencies for which it was originally designed. This is done by means of filter circuitry. There are a number of different technical methods available: - analogue, passive: using coils, capacitors, resistors - analogue, active: using electronic circuits - digital, active: using electronic circuits. In addition we distinguish between the methods used by their characteristics: - high-pass filter: low frequencies are rolled off - low-pass filter: higher frequencies are rolled off - bandpass filter: both the lower and higher frequencies are rolled off. The frequency response of the loudspeaker can be additionally affected by the way the crossover is designed. The general rule is: use as few components as possible but use as many as you need! It is in any event important to dedicate some thought to the crossover because this unit has a considerable effect on the overall sound quality.

Mile, forgive me for throwing so many questions, Yet you answer them happily.
If If it is possible for you, can you guide me on making crossover.
I see graphs posted by members showing peaks and dips at certain frequencies, Its all bouncer for me, I do not understand a thing.

Hello Friends.
I have made MDF box for my 3 way speakers Box Volume 58 Liters. Nothing added for damping . Kindly guide if this the proper volume.
I am facing a certain problem while playing these speakers. When playing Music If I am front of the speakers 7 to 8 ft from speakers. it sounds very punchy and tight, But seems to miss the depth. But if I go to corner of the room or across the speakers, there is good deep bass with the punch and tightness. Earlier I made down firing port , then Changed to rear firing port tube dimensions 3" wide and 6" deep

I have a custom made crossover made by a friend. But I want to make a crossover properly.

I am afraid knowing how to build a speaker, with drivers, crossover and box is not something you can learn on a few lines.

I read several books and lots of Speaker Builder magazine, and I'm still very much of an amateur.

Even if you have things made by somebody else, you should learn what is all about.

Try to get "Great sound stereo speakers manual" by David Weems, and "The loudspeaker design cookbook" by Vance Dickason. They are a very good place to start, or even stay with great bunch of useful knowledge on how things work. Or at least a very good aproximation.

One very important thing to start with: speaker building is not a precision science. At least not if you are willing to build your own speakers.

Last edited:
Sir what is I=U/R.
What shouldd be the bias for Sankens
Formula to calculate bias current from DC voltage on 0R33 resistor.

Attachments

• ohms-watts_law.jpg
    ohms-watts_law.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,917
Last edited: