strange input/turn on problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Umm...yes. Yes I did.

Attachments

• facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 51
Nope. Right now I have the LOC feeding my midrange amp (Kicker ix254 bridged into 8ohm), with the lineout of the Kicker feeding the Pyle I repaired. Tweeters are running on deck power, and have no alt noise. I disconnected signal from the Pyle and the whine still comes through the mids. I can't detect any whine through the sub that is connected to the Pyle.

Ben

PS I have a proper LOC and line driver coming in the mail from a friend, this should eliminate the problem, no?

Try connecting the pyle to the mids to see if the noise is being produced by the head unit. If there is no noise, reconnect the kicker and reduce the gain. If the noise is reduced, try reducing the ratio of the resistors in the LOC from 10:1 to 3:1 (3.3k:1k approximately). The lower ratio will produce more output voltage so you can use the lower gain setting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.