Stoned

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New baffles cut and glued up...

This stone is called "Blue Barracuda".... strange name, but it's gorgeous.

Layers are 15mm BB plywood, 6mm honeycombed aluminium and 6mm Blue Barracuda stone.

Attachments

• IMG_2733.jpg
    IMG_2733.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 995
  • IMG_2736.jpg
    IMG_2736.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_2738.JPG
    IMG_2738.JPG
    918.1 KB · Views: 956
materials assemblage

Hi there P: Fantastic assemblage of materials. Questions: Panel material adhesive (stone to Al to wood)? Edge joint adhesive? How will the cables attach through the assembled materials? Can hardly wait to read your posts about performance. ...regards, Michael

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Ok, some more infos...

Yes, the stone is from Brazil. We have access to stones from all over the world, I just fell in love when I saw a slab of that Blue Barracuda. I knew I had found something special.

The drivers will be a low end 15" woofer, and a 8" TB fullrange. I will try to get the 1808, otherwise, I might use the 1772 I already have, and cross a little higher. Sorry X! This set is not for the 10F combo you showed us. (PS. I'm thinking Japanese hinoki wood for a pair of 10Fs)

freddi, thanks for the link. I have searched a long time on the net for another company that could cut stone down to 6mm... this is the first time I see another... and nope, not related. I think we have the same ways of doing things. The stones are cut with water jets. And we can have a rough (they call it leather) finish or polished using buffing wheels.

Still some assembly required! :)
The finished product will be stone-alu-wood-alu-stone. We are using epoxy to glue the layers together. I let the stone factory glue the layers of stone to alu, but I'm doing the rest of assembly and gluing. There will be a frame running around the baffle, and at first, I thought of just running the wires along the inside of the frame, but maybe I could try to hide them inside the baffle sandwich construction.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.