Stewie (SY) is nerding it out on AudioXpress

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Pizza oven, that'll be the day !

I'm with Stuart on that one, I'd also like my own wood burning pizza oven.. :D

I love the reference on the front cover to a "Monster system with 23 tubes" - my now retired 300B amps had a grand total of 24 tubes including the rather elaborate power supplies, and the system in that incarnation a total of 39 tubes excluding the tuner. Not sure what sort of figure of merit this is, as I like my much simpler 2 tube GM70 monoblocks better.. :p

That poor poor magazine... I haven't seen the latest one apparently. But it is so thin, scrawny, and don'tcha just love that crossword puzzle?

Ah dear... maybe they will manage to pull it out of the death dive it is in. Shannon is a very nice person. Unfortunately, she knows almost nothing about audio. On-the-job training it seems.

_-_-bear

Orca, Ott, eria, emir, enos...

Stu..., you dont have to summon up some demon just to prove a point...WE BELIEVE YOU I SWEAR!:D

It's growing and I have noticed more adverts in recent editions. I'm not terribly thrilled with the quality of most of the designs, but I will support the magazine on an indefinite basis as I think we still need a diy magazine here in the U.S.

hell...I'll subscribe to anything thats not Stereophile or the like.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.