stasis 2 and 3 schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need help: Threshold S160 or Forte Audio Model 3 for an Infinity Kappa 9

Hello.

I´m an new owner of a pair of Infinity Kappa 9.

In the moment I use a Harman Kardon Citation 22 or a Yamaha MX1000 amplifier, but at high volumes both of them simply turns off.

My dream amplifiers for this loudspeaker are Threshold S300 or Nakamichi PA-7II, because this two should be the best amplifiers for this loudspeaker and because they are using the Threshold Stasis concept, that Arnie Nudell in the eighties prefers. But both are very expensive and my money bag is nearly emty in the moment.

So I´ve got two cheap offers for good temorarily amplifiers in the moment: first a Forte Audio Model 3 with 200 watts at 8 Ohm or a threshold S160 with 80 watts at 8 Ohm.

Is somebody out there who can give me a tip which low cost amplifier from this two offers are temporarely the better one for a Kappa 9? I know that the Kappas need much power, because they have nearly 1 ohm impedance, but both amplifier offers should have the ability to drive the loudspeaker at this low impedances.

Did anybody knows the power output of a Forte Audio Model 3 and a Threshold S150/160 at 1 Ohm?

Also I´m searching for user manuals about Threshold S160 and Forte Audio Model 3 but couldn´t find anything in the internet. Is there anybody out that could send me copies of this manuals?

Thank you for your helps,

Holger from germany

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The speakers have a reputation as tough on amplifiers. IMHO the best
amps for them would be push-pull Class A with modest 8 ohm ratings
and large output stages/heat sinks/power supplies.

XA100's would be my go-to, and of the Threshold products you would
want the SA series amplifiers.

Also, I note that quite a few users are biamping these speakers, which
helps out.

This series is no longer called Bag O Fun. This is
my sister's joke, and it's only good for about a week. ;)

So.

Here is the schematic for the Threshold Stasis 2
and 3. This was a very old photocopy, and I had
to spend some time trying to clean it up, but it
is now readable enough.

404 Not Found

You might think that I have copies of all the Threshold
stuff, but actually I don't. Most of what I have comes
from guys like Jam.

Thanks, Jam
URL is death but still available under
https://web.archive.org/web/20030509022952/www.passlabs.com/temp/stasis2-3schem.tif
In the attachment this schematic from Stasis 2 and Stasis 3 - have a look also to
Threshold Stasis 3 Amplifier Capacitor Replacement
and that one from Stasis S150-S1000
One of both circuits could be a good circuit for starting to develop a replacement for Rowland's "7" front end potted module - go to
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/195051-deconstructing-rowland-7-a.html#post5809665

Attachments

• threshold stasis amp1.jpg
    threshold stasis amp1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 695
  • Threshold Stasis2 - Stasis 3 schematic.gif
    Threshold Stasis2 - Stasis 3 schematic.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 732
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.