Squeeky Voice-coil,Linkwitz Transform causing it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good Evenin

Wow, that looks like somthing I could I get my teeth into. Its called an 'n-channel MOSFET', does this imply that no 'P type ' transistor is involved? One thing I'd like to know is, if the quoted output of these car amplifiers is no where near what they state what would be the wattage of my car amplifier, compared to this design?

Cheers Mike:confused: :)

There are n-channel MOSFETs and p-channel MOSFETs just like there are NPN transistors and PNP transistors. The selection of n-channel MOSFETs is much greater than p-channel MOSFETs because they are used in switch-mode power supplies. The 'n-channel MOSFET' bit is really just about the output stage. There are both NPN and PNP smaller transistors used in the design.

Roughly speaking car amps are rated peak-to-peak output, which is four times the RMS power. Also with the fact that your PSU is strangling the amp, a proper setup should see a good difference.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.