Spherical sound?

Been a while. Got email about a cool spherical design. Keep one experimenting. Mistakes turn into success. Love the participate who used a styrofoam ball covered with fiberglass. Also love the beafy Vifa 10 . Awesome basket. Love their tweeters. Especially the ring radiator 25 ? Used Tang Bang small full range and in the right enclosure sound good. I built a small Voigt design and it makes mediocre speakers sound good. Look cool too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been working on a fullrange with assisted woofer for a few months now using a Peerless 2.5” driver in a sealed Ikea Bowl which is suspended above an upfiring 6” woofer which has been very promising. I’m using DSP which I borrow from my 4 subwoofer theater system so progress is slow…….I’m too frugal to purchase another 2x4 DSP for prototyping. I’ll tell ya this……the construction was super easy with the Ikea bowls and cardboard tubes I bought online. The tubes are Phenolic so they’re basically wound paper soaked in a plastic like resin. I expect they will accept a thin veneer very well once I get the courage to apply some.

I’ve been working on a fullrange with assisted woofer for a few months now using a Peerless 2.5” driver in a sealed Ikea Bowl which is suspended above an upfiring 6” woofer which has been very promising. I’m using DSP which I borrow from my 4 subwoofer theater system so progress is slow…….I’m too frugal to purchase another 2x4 DSP for prototyping. I’ll tell ya this……the construction was super easy with the Ikea bowls and cardboard tubes I bought online. The tubes are Phenolic so they’re basically wound paper soaked in a plastic like resin. I expect they will accept a thin veneer very well once I get the courage to apply some.
Do you have any pics you can share?