• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Specific grid stopper question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Df96, Thanks for that. I wonder if there is some significance to the fact that I have replace a couple of those 330 ohm 5 watt reisitors? Lots to suppress? They are mounted very close to the transformer, in fact right on the terminals. However, the transformers never even get warm. Something amiss or just increase the size.

Df96, Thanks so very much. You brought to my attention a major contributor to my brightness problem. Those "snubbers" weren't working. The amps were made in 1963. I have updated many parts, including the resistors in the snubbers but not the ceramic caps. Turns out the 1000pf caps must of failed. I replaced them with the only ones handy 2000pf silver micas. YES, warmth was there, just masked by a bloom of high freq noise/signal. What an increadable difference. I would also like to thank Frank for helping me think what aspects of the music was out of place. Always good to have positive help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.