Speakon sockets - how to fit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think Neutrik has the information that you seek right on their website. The cut out size varies depending on which jack you're using (4, 6 or 8 pole) but will be either D or G. I think they have dimensioned drawings in pdf for download.

Hope that helps.

Nate

P.s. I use #4 screws with D shaped housings, you might try M3.

I think Neutrik has the information that you seek right on their website. The cut out size varies depending on which jack you're using (4, 6 or 8 pole) but will be either D or G. I think they have dimensioned drawings in pdf for download.

Hope that helps.

Nate

P.s. I use #4 screws with D shaped housings, you might try M3.

Thanks Nate, how could I be so stupid as to not check their site! duh.

I was going to use the two pole ones, I will have a look thanks again.

Steve

Thanks Guys! I just wanted to use speakons because they look well made and secure.

Steve

Steve,

One more tip, there's a Greenlee punch that you can buy that is just about perfect for the D shaped openings. Makes life a lot easier, although it's not cheap at ~$40. If you do more than a couple it'll pay for itself in lost aggravation though. :)

Pretty sure that it's Part No: 730BB-15/16

Steve,

One more tip, there's a Greenlee punch that you can buy that is just about perfect for the D shaped openings. Makes life a lot easier, although it's not cheap at ~$40. If you do more than a couple it'll pay for itself in lost aggravation though. :)

Pretty sure that it's Part No: 730BB-15/16

Thanks! I will check it out, never crossed my mind to use a punch rather than a drill. Maybe it would be easier.

Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.