• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Speaker wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i need a speaker wire suggestion for my front 3 speakers. it's a total of 13' (5', 5', & 3'). i currently have 4N copper with PVC jacket, hand twisted.
i simply don't like how they look. i'm sure they work just fine, i am simply looking for a good/great product that isn't such an eye sore.
i looked at the specials page and first thought the U-4T would be a good choice, but it seems they won't fit into a banana plug (Furutech 200B). i would think having twisted wire is ideal, so the 301 and U-2T many not be a good choice. of course i have zero data to back that decision. i was thinking the Geortz Mi-1 cable could be a good choice because i, for some reason, have been looking for wire with little insulation. how do you terminate the MI-1 cable? i no know you have to use their specific banana plugs (i also don't like the style they use, i prefer the BFA style).
i'm looking for a suggestion that doesn't break the bank, doesn't look bad, and may possibly give me an "upgrade."

"you funny guy!"
i wouldn't call it "limited budget", i'm cheap! lol. i am kicking around the idea of the Cat 5 speaker cable. i like to do stuff like that, ie my power cables. as of right now i don't know where to find solid cat 5 that isn't a 1000' roll!
i was really hoping that U-4T would work out, but the banana plug i picked out won't fit it. do you have other banana plugs that do fit that are the BFA style?

sweet on the connectors! you probably know me by now, i have to mess with stuff. i think i'm going to try that Cat5 cable. that plays right up my alley. of course i just can't stick to the tried and true method, i'm going to try a braid 4 method as well. it will be a 12awg as opposed to 10awg.
you know, it was very hard to find a vendor that even has the belden 1585a cable. i would have bet the house that all the major vendors had it. i guess it isn't a main stream speaker cable build.
i'll buy those furutech 200B connectors at some point. it will be a separate order.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.