Speaker Wire sans BS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
KBK said:
The transformer was and is real, I've no idea why the information is not easy to obtain. You seemingly are engaging in presumptuous egotistical dick head behaviour. Get yourself straighted out.

I'm pretty sure it does, I don't know exactly what you're getting at, but if it is what I think it is, it's not that unique or secret. There are lots of applications that need highly uniform magnetic fields, nuclear resonance, and Zeeman resonance come to mind.

fizzard said:
Think about the magnetic field lines around a conductor. Now imagine a particle that followed that field, and gained energy as it did so.

If they gain energy, they'd spiral outward.
fizzard said:
I personally think they probably do exist, even if only momentarily.

Well..then aren't you disagreeing with the compelling argument? Even if they existed for a moment, they'd suck up the entire universe..

That's what we call a "bad day at the office".

Honey, how was your day??

Ah, not good..the universe got sucked into my coffee cup..

Cheers, John

There was a search for magnetic monopoles in the 80's, and one event occured that was written off as experimental error. I think it was at Berkley.

There's a particle called the nuclear monopole, or just "the monopole," not to be confused with the magnetic monopole. Monopole is just the shape of the field of a particle. For example, electrons and protons are monopoles for the electric field, the moon is a monopole for the gravitational field.

General consensus in the upper echelons of physics is that magnetic monopoles do not exist. The main mystery particle right now it the Higgs' Bosun, and they going to firing up the 14TeV large hardon collider later this year to start searching for it.

Off topic I know, but more interesting than long winded posts that are short on substance about all sorts of wierd esoterica.

fizzard said:
There was a search for magnetic monopoles in the 80's, and one event occured that was written off as experimental error. I think it was at Berkley.

The current experiment is in New York, about 400 yards away. The experimental apparatus is about 20 yards away for now.
fizzard said:
General consensus in the upper echelons of physics is that magnetic monopoles do not exist.

That hasn't seemed to stop the experiment funding. So far, I've helped em with the squid wiring and how to degauss the shield enclosure. (the half gauss earth field messes up the experiment.)

fizzard said:
The main mystery particle right now it the Higgs' Bosun, and they going to firing up the 14TeV large hardon collider later this year to start searching for it.

Well, that's the plan anyway...I don't know if they'll have the Fermilab quads fixed in time. (snapped some g-10 support spiders during a pressure test...) So far, the magnets I was involved with are working perfectly. (ahem...);)
fizzard said:
Off topic I know, but more interesting than long winded posts that are short on substance about all sorts of wierd esoterica.
Yah, certainly off topic.. but I love this stuff..

Geek said:
You call? :clown:
:D :D

Cheers, John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.