Speaker Turn On Delay and DC Protector Board Set (V3)

Sometimes I feel like insulting native english speakers for their poor use of english. Thay haveno excuses.

I can always forgive non native speakers. They at least try to talk/type our silly language.
I was hopeless at foreign languages at school, so untimately I became a teacher.
:up::up::smash::smash:
you would be surprised at the situation in my home/ how i grew up,...... mother speaks 'Marathi' language, father speaks ' Kannada' language.... and in school i learnt 'English' as a third language and all movies that i watched were in 'Hindi' language....
I do not have mastery in any language...... but still some how still surviving...

I believe, its the situation with most Indians , they know atleast three or more languages easily.... Jack of all trades...but master of none

Last edited:
yes, again.... i take that leaving all diodes means keeping all in....
sorry my English is poor and recently i was 'insulted' for my poor English on this technical forum...what an irony:rolleyes:
Your English fine Prasi. I'm sorry if my message gave you the impression it wasn't. I had understood perfectly what you meant about the diodes. Being a newbie, I just needed confirmation that I could do that.
Shame on the guy who insulted you. That's wrong, mean and just plain silly. I just recently discovered this forum and, in addition to all the great advice, I love how it brings some many people together from all over the world. So thanks again for helping me out.

I posted in the V2 board but haven't gotten a response. I built the V2 board using the V2 BOM- when I tested it, both LEDs lit continuously and the circuit did not shut off when I tested for DC. I read that the transistor polarities might be wrong.

Is the V2 board designed for EBC or ECB?

I posted in the V2 board but haven't gotten a response. I built the V2 board using the V2 BOM- when I tested it, both LEDs lit continuously and the circuit did not shut off when I tested for DC. I read that the transistor polarities might be wrong.

Is the V2 board designed for EBC or ECB?

V2 sch shows 2sc945 which is ecb and c9013 is ebc. this is what my build uses (i built V2 ) and works perfect. check for diode orientation. if you have an ebay transistor tester, its quite easy to find the pinouts plus confirm that the tranny is alive... something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCR-T4-ESR-...407715?hash=item25b3ec73a3:g:k3wAAOSwCQNWgllX

Last edited:
Hey mattmcl,
I got these, 653-G5LE-14-CFDC12. See image. I'm pretty sure I compared with the BOM ones and they were similar. Pinout matches the PCB. I haven't soldered them in yet so if anybody sees that they won't work let me know. I ordered them a couple months ago so I would think they are still in stock.

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_105215_214.jpg
    IMG_20170226_105215_214.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
my feeling only... it would have been nice if the suggestions given by me or some one else (AndrewT), if implemented, there is some sort of feedback from those that implemented. it would help other builders too ...
otherwise it seems to i am/others are doing unhelpful job in this thread.

Prasi

I so appreciate your and Andrews help and will post back when I've had time to get back to my build. Personally I don't always have the time I'd like to devote to my hobbies.

my feeling only... it would have been nice if the suggestions given by me or some one else (AndrewT), if implemented, there is some sort of feedback from those that implemented. it would help other builders too ...

Prasi

Hi Parsi,

Good point. I'll let you know how it goes when I add the speaker protection circuit to my F5. Right now I'm kind of breaking the F5 in for a couple weeks. Then I'll check the biases and offset again and if everything is ok add the speaker pcb. Thanks.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi Prasi,
I can only speak for myself in saying that I am very appreciative of all the help and advice I've received on this site. You, Andrew, 6L6, and Dennis Hui have been imensly helpful to me with your contributions. Your relay suggestion seems to fit the pin layout on the board, but I as well haven't had any downtime to actually begin assembling and testing anything yet. I will report back when I do so that I can help (hopefully) someone who may have had the same questions. 😊

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Prasi

Thank you very much for your contributions Prasi.

I just built two of these circuits and they do work correctly as far as delay.

As for DC protection, I know they work because I tested them with a 9V baterie in the bench... never had the oportunity to verify if they work fast enough if anything goes wrong with my amps..... Good