Speaker Software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
software woes..

lots of software I've tried downloading or have had sent to me doesn't open or run either. Apparently Mr. Gates' software O/S police have hidden feedback into service pack 2 or something like that. Basically you have to re-install Windoze , even if (like me ) you have a genuine, 100% legit Software O/S. thanx Bill. Something like win32.dll missing or corrupt or whatever (I don't use the 32 bit version).

Not just freeware but some commercial stuff doesn't run.

so speaker workshop doesn't run.

Re: software woes..

Nanook said:
lots of software I've tried downloading or have had sent to me doesn't open or run either. Apparently Mr. Gates' software O/S police have hidden feedback into service pack 2 or something like that. Basically you have to re-install Windoze , even if (like me ) you have a genuine, 100% legit Software O/S. thanx Bill. Something like win32.dll missing or corrupt or whatever (I don't use the 32 bit version).

Not just freeware but some commercial stuff doesn't run.

so speaker workshop doesn't run.

Why would you have to reinstall ? Why not boot off B.A.R.T and replacethe fill fromthe cab file or off the cd..

What version of windows ?

I do this for a living :D

Jase

jleaman..an expert ..great!

and I mean that in a good way. What is BART? I use the non-FAT32 files.. NTSC? . I've pretty much had nothing but trouble with other ptrograms. Some run, sopme don't . when they don't it says something like missing blah, blah, blah.dll. I've tried re-installing WinXP and nothing seems to work.

any help would be appreciated. email me directly if ya like.

Hi Jason,

jleaman said:
You shold be doing a back up every few weeks. DVD burners are like 40$ a pack of 50 is 15$ Comooon it sooo cheap now.

Heh, that's the funny thing, I did. Turned out all the BU disks for Windows partition were corrupt. Something with the burner software.

Now I BU everything through the Linux box.... flawless :D

Nanook,

I had that problem on my comp back at home. For that reason I couldn't install MathCAD. I had an error message in and I looked up the error in google or microsoft.com and it told me what to change. I believe I had to change some registry keys. It fixed it and worked fine.

Josh

Jason,
I have checked Unibox's designs to that of WinISD Beta, very very close if not the same in most cases. I find WinISD Beta to be easier to use. For some reason I can't import alternate drivers into Unibox.

Re: jleaman..an expert ..great!

Nanook said:
and I mean that in a good way. What is BART? I use the non-FAT32 files.. NTSC? . I've pretty much had nothing but trouble with other ptrograms. Some run, sopme don't . when they don't it says something like missing blah, blah, blah.dll. I've tried re-installing WinXP and nothing seems to work.

any help would be appreciated. email me directly if ya like.

Bart Bootable Antivirs removal tool's

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/intro/

WICKED and mostuse full tool i have.

works for all os's

Geek said:
Hi Jason,

Heh, that's the funny thing, I did. Turned out all the BU disks for Windows partition were corrupt. Something with the burner software.

Now I BU everything through the Linux box.... flawless :D

Buy mac :) and always look at your cd's when your done burning. I burn so many dvd's Time to upgrade the g5 to a dual layer DVD burner.

I have to also tried to use WinISD and it won't let me creat new drivers i tried to create the new driver for my davis one and it failed :( bummer..

Jase

Re: Re: jleaman..an expert ..great!

jleaman said:

I have to also tried to use WinISD and it won't let me creat new drivers i tried to create the new driver for my davis one and it failed :( bummer..

Jase

I had that problem at first as well..

Steps in order after opening program:

1. Maximise the window (or simply pull the window to elongate it vertically),
2. Click on the "Utilities" tab header and scroll to "Database Maintance" and click on it,
3. Click the "New" button on the bottom of the newly opended "Driver Editor" window (..this didn't show up for me originally because the d@mn window opens to small),
4. Input the param's and don't use Pe as maximum power but rather the max power you will actually LIKELY use - this makes a difference with respect to port velocity. Most programs just go with 1 watt of Pe. Then click bottom "Ok" button to save the driver in the database.

To start using that driver:

1. Click on the "File" tab header and scroll to "New Project" and click on it,
2. Click on the radio button "Own Drivers" and scroll down to the driver you want and then hit the lower button "Next",
3. Keep going through the selection.. for the design you want.

Re: Re: Re: jleaman..an expert ..great!

ScottG said:

I had that problem at first as well..

Steps in order after opening program:

1. Maximise the window (or simply pull the window to elongate it vertically),
2. Click on the "Utilities" tab header and scroll to "Database Maintance" and click on it,
3. Click the "New" button on the bottom of the newly opended "Driver Editor" window (..this didn't show up for me originally because the d@mn window opens to small),
4. Input the param's and don't use Pe as maximum power but rather the max power you will actually LIKELY use - this makes a difference with respect to port velocity. Most programs just go with 1 watt of Pe. Then click bottom "Ok" button to save the driver in the database.

To start using that driver:

1. Click on the "File" tab header and scroll to "New Project" and click on it,
2. Click on the radio button "Own Drivers" and scroll down to the driver you want and then hit the lower button "Next",
3. Keep going through the selection.. for the design you want.

I'll try this again wheni get home and see how it goes. :D

This is what planet10 has helped me come up with. :D

Attachments

• jason-davis-take2.gif
    jason-davis-take2.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 288
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.