Speaker halp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They will not have deep bass. The sims in WinISD are born out in real live. These drivers need to be in a big box (MLTL) to get down. In a 20L BR box (tuned to 58Hz), F3 is about 59Hz, with F10 @ ~45Hz. You'd need to augment the bottom end with a small sub or two.

jeff

I designed them to have useable output down to the mid-40s under practical conditions in smaller - modest spaces with a lightly damped alignment.

Unibox and WinISD are both quite accurate if you know how to get the best from them. Some differences in the vent calculations which usually get swamped out in practice.

Last edited:
Well I may have to eat my words (somewhat) now, as I've added 3ohms SR as you suggested in the other thread, and got a quite respectable looking curve. So at 35L tuned to 43Hz EBS-3db with the added SR we get F3@44, and F10@34-ish. We've lost a couple db's efficiency thou.

jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.