SPD - Subliminally Perceived Distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our very own sect...

An Earthquake of 2.7? In Ireland?

It's hardly noticeable... no wait, it's not noticeable at all... or wait, maybe it is!

So then the REAL question to ask is:

Would it have shown up on GSR measurements? Under DBT conditions? :D
If not, it doesn't count, for it is then ruled out as an un-perceivable event, therefore it did not happen at all. Haw-haw-haw :)

I propose you read the following (and the preceding) with some attempt at perceiving the attempt at humor... notice I said attempt, I can't promise it's actually funny.:eek:

Given some of what I have observed here on DIYA, I think it may important (in the cosmic sense) to balance things out...

Therefore I hereby propose the formation of an alternate and radical new "sect" within the DIYA community, one which will hereby be known as the INAADBT (It's Not All About DBT) faction, or HCS (a.k.a. "Heretical Church of Subjectivism")...
alternatively known as We May Actually Burn in Hell because we don't think DBT is the answer for everything...:D

I would propose:

1) that the main activity of this new faction would be to band together to "protect our turf" by deriding and denigrating any posting from any members of DIYA who are part of the CoDBT (Church of DBT) :cool:

2) we should fill up any and every thread with constant barbs and irritating comments so as to get a "rise" from CoDBT members, or at least to make no sense whatsoever :confused:

3) To kill useful threads and completely WASTE the time for any "neutral" members :confused: by making sure that any thread which disagrees with "our" :house: position gets systematically filled with cheese (yeah, it may be cheesy, but it'll be OUR cheese:mad:)

4) To stifle any disagreement with our position :mad: by swamping opposing arguments with so many of our brilliant counter-points, then cheese, then comments about eggs and various ways to cook them, then wine, then recipes for barbecued chicken and cook-outs (hey, summer's here, any good recipes?:p) that the threads become :confused: impossible to follow...

5) To repeatedly overdo the above points whenever possible, and then REALLY overdo it by becoming repetitious and repeatedly repeating repetitions of our bold repetitious statements and positions as many times as we believe is necessary to win any and all arguments and brainwash all the noobs. And if not, to render the thread useless. After all, this IS a war!:mad: Oh, it isn't?:confused:

All in good fun of course :D... as long as WE are the ones having fun and those with any semblance of an opposing viewpoint or idea get drowned out by noise!:p (Yeah, but at least it'll be OUR noise!) :):p:D

All of which is an ironic appeal to perhaps be a little more courteous on this site... but... since I din't really think either camp would listen...I thought I'd put in some cheese... in my own thread.. but at least its MY cheese! :mad:

See? It's started already! So come on, you 5th column of hidden subjectivists! Rise up and stake out your place, and let's overturn the sodden objectivists who can only have fun when deriding other people for thinking they can actually perceive something different.

And if we can't prove or win the argument and make the CoDBT go away, then let's make sure that this forum becomes nothing more than a wasteland, bereft of any meaningful content. Yeah, that's a useful stance!

All of which is a very long-winded rant to say.....
That if you don't agree with an idea, it's fine to say so, just don't fill up the threads with ridiculous arguments and cheese and filler and what you regard as humorous comments that go on and on, and invite further "humorous" comments from members of your band, whether CoDBT or Anti-CoDBT

If a great topic gets swamped with eggs and cheese... does it become an omelet?:)

Last edited:
Yes, Jack, I agree that is the tactic of the church of DBT & I apologise for taking the thread off-topic with posts showing the inaccuracies of SY's statements about earthquakes - it was applying the same measure to him as he affords to others! As you say if an earthquake isn't perceived but is measured, has it happened? Even as a researcher he was incorrect - there were a number of earthquakes in 2010 & one at 5.5 on the Richter scale.

Edit: It really is easy to pick holes in others arguments but does any of this move the topic forward - no & I apologise for this!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.