Southern Ontario diyFEST

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Geez... I've missed a lot in this thread - apparently I haven't been getting my email updates. If someone like me would be welcome I'd really like to hear what the educated crowd is listening to. Though if I'm invited I'd have to see if it works out with the family and work schedules.

I will have the usual test gear set up-scope-sig. gen.etc. spare speakers . Apart from bringing your pet project(s) feel free to bring speakers as well along with music.

What do you consider 'pet projects'? Please see post #189. Would it be OK if I brought these? They might be a joke to you guys but they sound OK to me. Quite probable my ears aren't trained nearly good enough to even pick up on glaring problems but I would appreciate some feedback to see if I'm on the right track or way off.

It will be B.Y.O.B. and cigars. Please p.m. me to advise of your attendance and I will supply you with instructions how to get here.
As for liquor, is this supposed to be a party or an audio enthusiast meeting?
Just kind of wondering what the consensus is on this. I've never been to a DIY audio meet before so I don't know what to expect. When I meet with the guys from the computers forum there's no way I can keep up with the 20 something year olds, When I meet with the people in my telescope/optics club I'm the odd man out because I don't have white hair and can't complain about aging yet. Two opposite ends of the spectrum. I'm assuming this is somewhere in the middle?

New to me too!

Hello Rayan_Mc:

I does not matter, I've never been to a DIY audio meet before. It's sharing info and gettings thoughts and ideas that really help, no finger pointing please. Yea, bring your speakers and give them a try, I'm a nubbie myself, so pen and paper in hand for me to write down any help I can get. jscelo, am I jumping the gun here, it's your place and if you want someone to try their speakers out on us let us know. I have some record clamps I made my self for sale, $12 each, would that be taking advantage? I don't want to overstep any boundaries here.
Thanks
Peter C.

I think June 11 at about 1pm (Sat.) appears okay for everyone. Anatech is also probably making an appearance.And will speak about something regarding our hobby. Depending on no. of attendees I will put on a barbecue (toob steaks and burgers). If lots of people end up attending we can work out a small donation for costs. It will be B.Y.O.B. and cigars. Please p.m. me to advise of your attendance and I will supply you with instructions how to get here. I am just off 400 hwy. at s/end of Barrie.

So far so good! It appears that June 11 (Sat.) or 12 (Sun.) would be a suitable date.I hope to organize a couple of you who are knowledgable to give a bit of a talk about some related subject with perhaps a demo. I will have the usual test gear set up-scope-sig. gen.etc. spare speakers . Apart from bringing your pet project(s) feel free to bring speakers as well along with music. I do not have a turnatable hooked up but do have a quantity of amps (tube,mosfet, hybrid) and tube dacs of various types if they are required to demo your project. Any other ideas please let us know .

is there an address yet? ,who do I contact to confirm atendance? thanks Andrew

Good Day Everbody attending the "Fest". So far I have 8-9 people showing up.I believe I have responded to everybody's request for directions to my house. Please if I have missed any of you send me a p.m. and I will get back to you A.S.A.P. I am hoping to start about 1pm and we will worry about shut down time when everybody has had enough. I have also had offers of assistance by some of you re organizing the meet. I wonder if for a 1st time meet if we do need much organization. I think that some of you are probably extremely knowledgable (Anatech) and should be able to give a bit of a talk at this time. If anybody has any ideas about this first meet, by all means drop me a line.

Record clamps

Hello diyFest Fans;

I have some record clamps I made from 316L stainless. Large: about 500 grams, small: about 300 grams, will have them weighed. O-ring and rubber bottom included. $12 each.

see ya soon
Peter C.

Attachments

• DSC09344.JPG
    DSC09344.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC09345.JPG
    DSC09345.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 71
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.