Source for 3W resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been looking for some 3W 0.33ohm 1% metalfilm resistors to use as source resistors, but I have not found any good sources.

I have been looking for some Vishay dale CPF3, but I have not found any sources with the 0.33 ohm. I have also looked for other brands, but most are not metalfilm or 1% resistors which I would prefer. If someone have a good source for some nice 3W 0.33ohm 1% metalfilm resistors I would be very happy and I am not looking for really expensive resistors like caddock or similar brands.

Please advice and please don´t turn this into a war of which brand is the best.

Thanks
Martin

Michael Percy carries Roederstein and Holco or PRP; you might want to consider paralleling 3 1W 1 ohm resistors, much easier to find. Space them to allow air flow between them to preserve the wattage rating. This also has the advantage of reducing the inductance to 1/3 if they're spaced a bit.

I have looked at that resistor but it looks like they are not selling it in 0.33 ohm. The solution could as you both have said just buy 1 ohm 1 watt and then parallell three.

I have just found another solution at mouser, which could be the vishay Dale rs2b which can be found in 3W 0.33 ohm 1%.

Thanks
Martin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.