Sounstream Recommendation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeah I used the other name as a joke to start with, then I wished I had not.
I am glad SY helped me get it fixed, :)

I don't want to be confused with JOMA on e-bay, he has such a mixed reputation. I can only guess it has to do with his 6 or 7 e-bay names, and all the broken stuff hes buying and reselling as like new store demo, "out of my private collection",.etc....That just isn't me.

1moreamp said:
Yeah I used the other name as a joke to start with, then I wished I had not.
I am glad SY helped me get it fixed, :)

I don't want to be confused with JOMA on e-bay, he has such a mixed reputation. I can only guess it has to do with his 6 or 7 e-bay names, and all the broken stuff hes buying and reselling as like new store demo, "out of my private collection",.etc....That just isn't me.

Glad to see you got your name fixed.

isn't it funny how that other guy always uses the same place mat under his amps for sale under multiple user names??? i just wonder where he gets all that stuff? and people pay so much for it too. do you think he still bids on his own items?:xeye:

Caveat Emptor :att'n: :att'n: :att'n:

You wanted to know where he gets all those amps from, well here is JOMA on a buying spree on ebay using his new name fok31203
Thx Marko

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...rows=25&guest=1&userid=fok31203&all=1&guest=1 <<<<You might have to sign in to see this link, but its worth it>

Jbl031203 < look familiar?> is his old e-bay name prior to the JOMA take over of my name and some of his other names are: t24bit, sober3101, luv2jam,
and there are others he buys under before he resells as "New in Box" "Dealer Demo", "out of my private collection", etc...Please also note he buys broken amps and resells them after they have been repaired.......of course never telling his buyers the amp was abused and blown before :xeye:

Then theres the gold plated editions, where he buys rusted and physically abused amps and has them flash dipped in gold to cover the abused history of the amp, claiming " one of a kind" "Rare" and "factory special order", etc.....

Caveat emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware".

Holy * he is the turnover man. I didn't know you could do a page like that either...I look at feedback I must still be a noob. Lots of 'old skool' amps on there that are not old at all, or were junk back in the day. I had a Sanyo once and someone said they were good, it was a pos I had a pyramid then that would blow it so far in the weeds it was not even funny.

I've been on a few auctions where a couple of 0 or <10 feedbacks are bidding something to 2x or 3x normal value. I go away wondering what is going on there. Some of them get relisted, or listed a few times. Now I see they are not going to rate buyers anymore??? It will be no-pay city all the time if they are not careful.

Jonny Hotnuts said:
Wow, I have seems to open a can of worms on this one.

I was wondering where the ebay J1MA was getting all those amps. Makes sense now, good info to have.

No can or worms, just the provable truth about someone you might have made the mistake of trusting with your hard earned money.
and its JOMA not j1ma the name is a acronym of his e-bay name that another forum gave him after detailing his e-bay exploits over the last three + years on e-bay.
He is being watched just goggle his name or his acronym name. It will all come up...I love the internet :) :) :) and now you fully know why I am so happy that SY changed my DIY identity I can be me as usual and stop sweating a very poor judgment of mine from when I signed on here....
I have been posting and trying to be of help to others here for a fair time now. I would hate to see all that wasted on someone else's bad name...

hoonyaker said:
Hello folks!

I am planning on buying an old school soundstream amp, and would like to know when the company was bought out. Are there any models that I should stay away from that were made during the transition? I had an SS amp back in the early 90s (not sure which model.. MC maybe) and I remember how great it sounded. The highs were so smooth, even at loud levels. Every amp I have tried since then seems to be harsh on my ears at loud levels (the highs).

Could anyone recommend an SS old school model, and or, tell me which ones had the most problems (I know there were some heat issues). I'm looking to spend about $200-$300. I need a 4 or 5 channel amp with 30-50 watts per channel.
Thanks

Loved the "Class A" stuff...:)

Could anyone recommend an SS old school model, and or, tell me which ones had the most problems (I know there were some heat issues). I'm looking to spend about $200-$300. I need a 4 or 5 channel amp with 30-50 watts per channel.

You can not go wrong with MC300 (4 chan) or MC235 (5 chan)
On an interesting note if you pay around 300 for either of these amps they will never go down in value if cared for. I just purchased a MC300 with brand new DX1 XO for 250$. The amp needs some TLC (cosmetic) but works great.

You wont have probs with any of the D-MC amps.

Well folks, I ended up picking up an a/d/s pq20 on ebay. I was considering it along with SS D or MC series. Didn't see any D or MC on ebay, so I went with the pq

I was getting antsy! I picked up a winter car a few months ago with factory cassette and dry rotting speakers. I was jonesin for sq.

Thanks for all your advice and comments! Now on to my sub.

Now I have a single Kicker L7 12" in a sealed enclosure. Last year I was running the sub with a kicker 400.1 mono amp. I originally bought the L7 in a ported box, but to be honest, It sounded a little too muddy for me. I like the bass to be very tight and responsive. So I returned it for the sealed enclosure. The sealed box does sound tighter, but I just can't seem to hear that well.

Back in the day, I had a Pair of kicker 8" subs in box with passive radiators and horn tweeters (factory box). The low end was very tight. I remember hearing the kick through them....Very responsive!!

So whats the deal? do I need more power to the L7, or is ther some happy medium between the sealed and ported enclosures. Let me know what you think.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.